CCENT to N+

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScttW15

Beta member
I've recently registered for the Cisco Networking Academy's series of classes for the CCNA. I took their IT Essentials course and found it very helpful in getting my A+ cert. Here's the problem. I feel that earning a Microsoft cert, in addition to the A+ and CCNA would be beneficial to future job prospects. The MCSA cert requires 3 exams and one "Elective", which could be the combination of the A+ and N+ certs from CompTIA. What I want to know is, how similar is the material I will be learning in the first half of the Cisco series (CCENT) to the N+ material? Would I, with a little studying up on practice tests, be able to use the lessons from those classes to pass both the CCENT as well as the N+?

My advice is that you fully study A+ as it will help you down the road with network and security.
You don't have to take A+ if you do not want to be a basic hardware, software trouble computer technician.
Keep in mind, though that A+ will add in some networking prep ups before you attempt the network+ and vice versa.

If I am wrong someone correct me, but I believe you should be familiar with most IT trouble shooting standards.
**** you may walk onto your new job one day, say in a networking environment and you have trouble some pc taking down a star, ring or any other bus network.
It maybe simple as plugging up the ethernet cord, but say there is a "non network computer hardware issues" ?
Your boss isn't going to want to hear you can't fix a pc on a chaotic work environment, and most people have gone to lunch or knocked for awhile, see my point ?

Get yourself highly ready for common and advance computer issues with A+ material and then move forward. ;)

The A+ isn't to hard. It doesn't take to much time it won't hurt to get it and It help you with your N+ to

OK, first of all Sctt already has the A+, and it appears only the A+ so that isn't really the question. So you want eh Net+ so that you can have a completed elective for Microsoft certs, but you are currently enrolled in and on your way to completing the CCNA? I would focus on the CCNA right now and not worry too much about Microsoft. Complete your Cisco course and then look at getting the Net+ if you feel that is the best bet at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom