Career question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jared17

In Runtime
Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum and this is my first post. Just from reading threads I can tell there is alot of knowledge here so I was hoping you all could help me out a little. I'm really interested in computers, but aren't we all:p , but mostly I'm interested in building them, so basically the hardware side of things. I tried my hand at sofrware programming and things like that, and its definatly not my strong suit. But my question is, what would you call a person who deals mostly with computer hardware and hardware installation? Also, do you think it is a worthwhile career to pursue, or should I try again at the software aspect of things just to open the doors up a little more?

Jared

Well A+ Certification is pretty much that area. However, the Business is absolutly flooded with people who want to do exactly what you want to do. So, if you really want to do this, don't expect to find a job easily of get payed that much.

Open your door, yes. having a broad understanding and knownledge of Computers and related subjects will always be a +.
My suggestion is to not limit yourself to any one field.

Thanks Ste, I had a feeling someone might tell me to not limit myself. Which I know I shouldn't do, and I will avoid doing that. The college I want to go to has programs for computer type stuff, but I didn't really know what to call what I wanted to do so I wasn't sure if it was what I needed. But I know it is now, which I'm very relieved about, because it will save me having to move away from home.

Jared

An example here is that my Major is Business Managment Empathsis on Computer Information Systems. After I Get such a broad Degree I can go narrower. Probably towards CISSP and related network/security items.

I see the method behind your madness haha, but what would you say, from your experience anyways, does the economy have more of a demand for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom