Business Analyst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brinson

Daemon Poster
I talked to my boss recently about the possibility of creating a position with our office for a Business Analyst, which is a career path I've considered alot in the past. We're a quite large third party logistics provider. I have a degree in economics, so definitely come at this more from the business side of things, though do have a good knowledge of computers, databases, hardware, ect.

I was wondering if anyone here works as a business analyst or with business analysts and has any insight. I'd be looking at working on my CBAP, but it takes like 5 years of work. Meanwhile I am considering taking night classes locally for my MBA perhaps a focus in Information Systems. If anyone here has any insight it would be much appreciated.

Brinson,

Be careful putting yourself in a position that may suffer from budget cuts. If you really want to help your company I recommend following the customers thought process. What I mean by that is to truly help the company you must understand what it is your customers love about you. Focus on what WON'T change as far as your customers are concerned. I myself never build ANYTHING starting at the top and forcing it down, I always follow my clients and customers thought process.

A lot of times great ideas come from those who work in that department. For example I know an associate at CENTURY21 who constantly tries and push their ideas on other departments within the organization. Although the ideas come from the right place, they don't really understand the department they are trying to change. Take the time to learn inside and out the what your clients needs, and how the company can serve those needs better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom