Building computers bussines?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah every good computer science program (ABET) has a class in computer architecture, but heÂ’s right, this is defiantly not your ordinary hardware class. Computer science is more algorithmic design and math :). You will basically be learning how to solve very complex problems at a very low logic level and applying your obtained math knowledge.

You see, the problem with me right now is that I have had NO opportunity to construct an entire computer from parts you would buy from places like newegg. Nor do I have a computer laying around that I am allowed to mess with or screw up. Woudlnt want my dad seeing me going to his computer and taking it into peices LOL! Only time I ever went inside my comp was to put 2 sticks of ram and a sound card. Well of course like many say its easy to build it, but im gonna be delayed a while for when I can really built it, as my dream! I know a decent amount about hardware, but have no real-hand experience with it, or not enough knowledge as im gonna need to operate such a task about questons people will ask me. The the business side of it and MONEY to start a business is scarry. You see, is it a better idea to run the bussiness or something on the side with trade forums or ebay building comps, WHILE in college? Or is it better to wait after college and do it, or will it be too late?!

I dont know your situation with money and its none of my business, but you can always buy a really really bad pc online and rip it apart. I was fortunate and we bought a computer Windows M.E. and it was a E machines. We quickly realized it was a mistake and so I was bascially given a computer to do whatever I wanted with. Not sure if that helps but just thought id lend some info. I bet you can find super cheap pc.
I also dont know what classes your taking in college but. When I went for my ITT Tech college visit they give you a computer to take apart install new parts and get it running again. Just make sure you know what you are doing before you start.

Well...isnt that the whole point of this post. You want to build/fix others computers?

oo.. no you misunderstood my confusing repy. What i meant to say was:

I hope if I take a CS major I will be given a lame computer so I can take it apart and play with it.

I don't think you'll have a chance to actually mess around with computer parts during a CS course. I mean just get a job anywhere, mcdonalds, etc.. buy a cheap $100 pc on ebay, and mess with it. Buy more memory, put it in. Buy better graphics card, put it in. Buy a new motherboard, so you have to disamble everything and then assemble it again. It's not worth paying thousands of dollars in college just to learn how to put together a PC.

ok im planning on changing my major to bussines administration, becaise it seems more appropiate and possible "easier" ?

DarkMortar said:
Yes, I'm in AP Computer Science in high school, I know what its all about. Programming is hard. And java is evil.

Well, based on this, I must agree with an earlier post...get a business degree. This will help you build and run your business. Then hire some guys who don't think "Programming is Hard. And java is evil." IT is not for everyone. If you want to be a successful business owner, a business degree will get you a lot farther than a CS degree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom