BTECH vs. A levels [uk]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infernicus

In Runtime
ok so which is better

my ICT teacher recommends the BTECH saying its more of a hands on course with more practical things involved and on paper worth 2 A levels but when i went to apply for college they said A levels were better

if anyone is an employer here which would you say is worth more?

sorry i dont know if this is a US or UK based site [or any other contry]

=]

thanks

well its a hard question to answer, i got a degree in ict and found it hard to get in to a job even now im in a poxy one. most employers look for experience, though in my opinion an A level is a better qualification. it all depends on what you want to do afterwards if you want to go to uni then a levels would be best but if you want to do something else then id say btech. also have you thought about doing an apprentiship its rubbish pay to start with but then it does get you in a job and you get the experience

Well i have a btec first diploma it practioner and Btec national diploma ICT Practioner: Networking and Systems Support. Cant say they have walked me in2 a job, but a few of my friends with the same qualification have walked in2 uni with them...looking back now i wish that i would have got a job and studied for other qualifications, like im trying to do know, A+ and CCNA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom