Best A+ Cert. Study Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteFlare

Baseband Member
I am starting to study for the A+ and Net+ certs and was wondering which is the best book/study guide as of recent.

I am 20 years old and I have an Associates Degree in Network Development (soon to be a Bachelors Degree in Information Technology.) While in college I have also been on the deans list for straight A's throughout my education.

This background information is not to brag, its just to give you an understanding on where I am at so I dont get a reply with a study guide with stuff on it I could have done when I was 13. I'm looking for material that will really prepare me for this test.

Thanks in advance.

Mike Meyers all the way. I've used his books as well as a few other publishers and Mike Meyers is the best IMO.

Do realize that everyone learns differently, so Mike Meyers approach may not suite your learning style. I've heard people hate his books, and i've heard people love them. Depends on how you learn IMO.

I am currently studying for the A+ and am using the above mentioned Mike Meyers guide. I find it extremely detailed and useful for both experienced and new comers to the field.

One of the best parts of his book is that he has a section at the end of each chapter entitled "beyond A+" that teaches you things that are not for the test but are good things to know. One such constant subject is Windows 7. He mentions how to do several things on Windows 7 that are now a part of the A+ test (as of Jan 1, 2011). Since there are no books (to my knowledge) that have been updated with the new changes his book is the best for this reason. Although I am sure if you wait a month or two (if you can) there will be a new edition on the shelves with Win 7 added in full.

Another great tool to use is LabSim - CompTIA A+ IT Technician Certification Training

This is a software that helps to study and comes with a 7 day free trial that I found to be of great help. It is expensive to purchase but just using the trial can give you a feel for if it would be helpful to purchase or not.

Best of luck to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom