is being young hurting my chances?

Status
Not open for further replies.

korky122

In Runtime
im currently going to school for my a+ cert, im going to graduate in july and im only going to be 19. 20 on december 2. u think that will hurt my chances at finding a job. also do u think i should go to a different school and get certified in another course.

thanks.

Its not that it hurts your chances so much as the job market for the Computer area is kinda flooded currently. The more Certifications, Experience and Degrees you have, the more liklely you are to be hired.

Best bet is not to "count" on getting a computer related job right now, Just continue your studies and continue to put certifications under your belt.

Age doesn't hurt... Lack of experience does. Get certified in more than just an A+ by all means. You don't necessarily need an MSCSE but a MCP or MSCA will help. Get all the experience you can get. Your lucky that you are young and getting into the field, take advantage of learning everything you can.

korky122 said:
im currently going to school for my a+ cert, im going to graduate in july and im only going to be 19. 20 on december 2. u think that will hurt my chances at finding a job. also do u think i should go to a different school and get certified in another course.

thanks.

It seems this is normal now. Most kids get A+ in hs around 17-18, and work at their local repair shop. So I think you would have a pretty good chance at one of these jobs.

bradybnmci said:
Age doesn't hurt... Lack of experience does. Get certified in more than just an A+ by all means. You don't necessarily need an MSCSE but a MCP or MSCA will help. Get all the experience you can get. Your lucky that you are young and getting into the field, take advantage of learning everything you can.

Yea and experience is what EVERY employer looks for! Everything else is just a minor quality. Then again, that's what every employer looks for regardless of job field.

Age has nothing to do with it. Its all about qualifications, maturity level, professionalism, and Job history. Get your certifications, and or a degree, as you do this establish a good work history, and you shouldnt have any problems finding a job. As i do with all others, i would suggest registering with your local workforce commission after you have some certs. Thats how i gained my career, i never applied for the position, they found me. Its all about how you approuch them, and what you have to offer them. Good luck to you!!!

tech tim

More then experience is the 4 year degree which is the only way to get experience now a days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom