average US$ per hour fee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hefemeister

Lord Techie,
What does everyone think a good hourly rate for IT work in the US would be. The type of work I am thinking of is Server upgrades, infrastructure upgrades, computer maitenence and program instalation. I am thinking around $50.

50$???? LOL, most software engineers do not even make anywhere close to that. 50 dollars an hour would be around 110,000k. For general IT work it depends upon your education level and experience. Lets say you had a 4 year degree and 10 years experience you can probably make around 50k, which is around 20 dollars an hour.

I would like to know what planet you live on where IT ppl get paid 50 dollars an hour? :)

When I used to work IT for Zeks they paid me $15 an hour for a 10 hour day (8-5), and I only had CompTIA A+ certification at the time!

The place i used to work for charged 125 a hour ... but paid me only $18 .... needless to say i have a new job now

when working for a company you dont get paid much, i just started with a computer and making under 30,000. but in my side business that i do after work or on weekends i charge about 100-150 an hour and most of the time i get a 50 dollar tip. web design is nice cuz if you can get a good site together in a short time i can make about a 1,000 in 2 or 3 days.

King X13 said:
when working for a company you dont get paid much, i just started with a computer and making under 30,000. but in my side business that i do after work or on weekends i charge about 100-150 an hour and most of the time i get a 50 dollar tip. web design is nice cuz if you can get a good site together in a short time i can make about a 1,000 in 2 or 3 days.

Whoah! Thats insane! I think a weeks worth could cover me for a whole month lol. Right now Im a sales tech getting paid $10/hr but w/e i dont got any degree or go to school at the moment. I do plan on soon though once I save up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom