Average Entry Level Technician

KieKazami

Solid State Member
Just curious on how much should a entry level network or computer technician makes as a wage with this certifications:

CompTIA A+
CompTIA Net+
CompTIA Linux+
CompTIA Security+
CCNA
MCSA: Windows Server 2012
MCSA: Windows 8
IBM Certified
Fiber Cable Certified

and a Associates in Information Systems and Security with 2 year experience.

I am curious since I am going to college for those certifications plus I will have about 2 to 3 year experiences in the field.

Too difficult to say exactly, honestly it depends on the region of the country you live in, the industry you work in and the position you get. Experience also factors in. You have 3 years experience - but doing what? With the CCNA and MCSA Server 2012 and 3 years GOOD QUALITY experience you could probably get a System Admin job, but if you just have 3 years experience working Geek Squad you are probably looking at Desktop Support or possibly a Junior Admin position.

Experience is key here, i don't know what type of experience you have. Let's pretend it's just help desk and you got all of the above certifications going through a diploma mill, I would say you could make 35k to 45k a year. If those three years you had quality experience I'd say mid 50's.

Back
Top Bottom