ATTN: People in Army

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prelude92

Baseband Member
well i was on another forum and there was this guy who said he was taking his CCNA in the army free of charge. i was like o_O when he said that he can take any exam free of charge. So does anyone who is enlisted verify this? If this is true what is it that someone has to do to get these benefits? There has to be something before u first sign that u emphasize or something.. does anyone know?

Prelude92 said:
well i was on another forum and there was this guy who said he was taking his CCNA in the army free of charge. i was like o_O when he said that he can take any exam free of charge. So does anyone who is enlisted verify this? If this is true what is it that someone has to do to get these benefits? There has to be something before u first sign that u emphasize or something.. does anyone know?

Yeah, job related or not, it does not matter. I for one have "sorta" personal experience with this. Most of my certifications I took when I was still in school, and because my dad was retired from the navy, I got any exam I wanted for free. The only bad part about this is you have to pay upfront. Then after you fill out the paper work to be reimbursed (which is a hassle), they take about an entire year to finally reimburse you. But when I finally did get reimbursed I got around a grand back. :) United States Military does have great benefits, I believe they also have a similar program for college education.

This guy is attending ITT with me and gets to go for free, which is about $36K for 2 years or about $60K for 4 years. Not sure if he's going for 2 or 4 years, but that's quite a bit of free money. :)

lol, I actually made money when I went to school. It was more like a job for me. But I took advantage of it and invested most of the money I got back from scholarships in stocks and such.

Granted, I would not spend 60k at ITT. Why not go to a real accredited uni if you're going to pay that much. I think these kids get into ITT because it is more like a community college with lower admission standards.

well i would say that people go into itt because it's what advertised to be teaching computers.. the public universities dont do that. Most of the people dont do research like they should about schools to determine what school is best for them.. that's what happened to me.. i got my degree and i feel like i missed something from that school. i need more knowledge.. that is why im looking around to see what route/school i will benefit the most from..

I'm learning quite a bit at ITT. There are some crap classes too, but my visual basic class has been pretty good and straightforward. Can't wait for the 3d modelling, java, and flash classes though. The hardest thing will be finding an entry level job. If I get one quickly, then I'll be happy cause everything should go smoother then. If I don't, then that'll suck, but I think I have good portfolio so it shouldn't be too hard to get an entry level job as a web designer or graphic designer. But yea, if the person hiring only looks at people who are grads of uni, then I'm screwed. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom