Associates Degree w/ Certification?

Sylice613

Solid State Member
What type of jobs could someone with an Associates Degree in Networking Technology and certifications such as Cisco and CompTIA get in the I.T field? My goal is to eventually (after the Associates degree) get atleast a Masters degree in Computer Information Systems and become a Network Engineer.

I have an Associates Degree and an A+ certification and I got a job as an IT Technician for a company. I would say that you could get something similar. Pure Networking jobs would require some more credentials but you can feasibly get a general pc tech/helpdesk job with what you have while you get your self a 4 year degree. Just don't expect the big bucks; somewhere around 30-35k for that stuff.

Remeran is spot on. You won't get an Engineer position without any experience or certifications. Straight out of school with an Associates and a certification like the A+ you are looking at a NOC, Desktop Support or help desk type role. Generally those positions make between 25k and 35k depending on the area and company.

Back
Top Bottom