Associates degree Or Bachelor's Degree in science

Computerguy33

Beta member
Hello,

I have an important question to ask about education within technology. Right now i'm pursing an Associates degree in information technology, but thinking about transferring to a four year school. My question is, does it make an adequate difference, if I get a four year degree compared to an Associates degree in information technology with certifications.

I would like to get a response from someone that has been in the business for a long time, please. I'm just curious if it is going to be a game changer, because getting a four year degree cost's a lot of money.

Thank you,
Chris

Always go for a 4 year degree if possible. The only time i tell people to do an associates is if time / money is an issue. If you have the choice, why not get the 4 year degree? It's going to benefit you far more in the long run.

Hello,

Thank you for the response. I just needed some reassurance on my decision.

Thanks again for clarifying,
Chris

Agree with Strollin, the general idea is to go to a community college / 2 year school, get your associates, then transfer to a 4 year university and get a 4 year degree in 2 or so years (because all of your credits transfer if you went to an accredited school).

Back
Top Bottom