Anyone know of a forum where I can have my resume critiqued?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Contriver

Beta member
I have updated my resume and I am trying to get some real advice from people in the IT industry. I have searched google for a forum where people submit and critique each others resumes, but the few I have found get very little postings.

Post it here:D

Among others, I am in a technical position in the industry. I have taken courses on resume writing and job interviews as well.

Make sure you remove any personal information, such as your name and address. Just make a mock name and address so that we can check the formatting on that stuff.

Name Name
123 Some Road
Town, State 12345

Email: email@email.com
Phone: 123-123-4567

OBJECTIVE
To obtain a position as a Systems Analyst.

TECHNICAL SKILLS
Skill Name, Skill Level, Experience
Window 2003 Small Business Server, Intermediate, 3 Years
Windows XP Home and Professional, Expert, 5 Years
Windows 2000 Professional, Expert, 5 Years
Windows NT Server 4.0, Intermediate, 1 Year
Windows 98/95, Expert, 10 Years
Linux (Redhat/Fedora and Suse), Working Knowledge, 8 Years
LAN (Hubs, Switches, Routers, etc), Intermediate, 8 Years
Wireless Networking (802.11a/b/g and Bluetooth), Intermediate, 4 Years
Remote Access (VPN, Remote Desktop), Intermediate, 5 Years
PC Assembly, Expert, 10 Years
Hardware Troubleshooting, Expert, 10 Years
Windows Troubleshooting, Expert, 10 Years
Hardware and Software Functional/Integration Testing, Expert, 5 Years

- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written.
- Highly motivated and quick learner who is open to change and new learning opportunities.
- Optimistic team player, yet also maintains the disciplinary and organizational skills to get the job done alone with minimal supervision.
- Great critical thinking and conceptualization skills.
- Excellent work ethic.

PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
May 2004 - Present XYZ Company | City, State
Lead Quality Assurance Engineer
Instruct junior level engineers on project direction, proper procedures, and expected performance. Perform hardware and software functional/integration testing on commercial-line XYZ Company notebook computers. Evaluate and document all issues found into bug tracking software database. Communicate and demonstrate issues found to developers, marketing teams, vendors, QA management, and co-workers.
Key products involved with:
Link to product.
Link to product.
Link to product.
Link to product.

May 2004 – Present (Per Diem) XYZ Company | City, State
May 2003 – May 2004 (Full Time)
Systems Administrator/Support
Currently working per diem during after-hours providing remote technical support for the XYZ location office's five client network. While employed full time, dramatically increased company's efficiency and productivity by installing a five client Windows 2003 SBS based network (including configuration of Peachtree multiuser accounting software) and set up secure wireless capabilities and remote access via remote desktop and VPN.

May 2001 - May 2003 XYZ Company | City, State
Quality Assurance Engineer
Performed hardware and software functional/integration testing on all aspects of consumer-line XYZ Company notebook computers. Also qualified many XYZ brand certified options (such as photo printers, USB flash drives, and CD/DVD recording software). Communicated and demonstrated issues found to developers, marketing teams, vendors, QA management, and co-workers.
Key products involved with:
Product Model Name
Product Model Name
Product Model Name
Product Model Name
Product Model Name

Nov 1999 - Dec 2000 XYZ Company | City, State
Systems Administrator/Support
Managed ten client Windows NT Server 4.0 / Windows 98 network. Specific duties included diagnosing and changing out problematic hardware, setting up new hardware, installing and configuring software (such as accounting, inventory management, and remote client applications) and researching most cost effective hardware / software solutions for company's growing needs. Also trained others on special features and general usage of installed applications.

CERTIFICATION
Currently studying for CCNA; afterwards planning to work toward MCSE.

EDUCATION
Planning to begin working toward Bachelors Degree in Fall of 2006.

Community College
City, State
Major: Computer Information Systems
Graduated: Fall 2000
Degree Received: Associates of Applied Science

Vocational High School
City, State
Major: Television Broadcasting
Graduated: Spring 1998
Certificate Received: Broadcasting

REFERENCES
Name - Title - Comany; Location – email address

Ok, there it is. Let me know what you guys think! I am trying to get feedback on what type of impression it conveys as far as my abilities, professionalism, and experience. Would you hire someone for a desktop support or jr network admin related position with this resume? Thanks!

Put that in a Word Document and attach it here. It's really hard to get a grasp on the formatting otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom