Any suggestions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lowfront

Solid State Member
Alright I just got a internship for a city's public school systems. Going to be getting phone calls with computer problems. I'll be going out and helping them out with the problem. I was just wondering if anyone had some suggested readings. I have been using computers for a long time, but never realy had problems before......

any suggestions?

they should have told you what systems & apps these people are working with. The best thing to do is to study and use these apps / systems yourself. Learn them front to back, up and down, right to left. This will make you faster with your troubleshooting skills.

Lowfront said:
Alright I just got a internship for a city's public school systems. Going to be getting phone calls with computer problems. I'll be going out and helping them out with the problem. I was just wondering if anyone had some suggested readings. I have been using computers for a long time, but never realy had problems before......

Yo. You got a job "troubleshooting/fixing" computer problems, but you don't really know how to do this stuff?.. I'll tell you one thing man. Learning about computers on customer's PCs is a NO NO.. :eek:..

You screw up something and they will sue your company. You should definitely learn things FAST before you go out. Troubleshooting comes from experience.

my god, chill the **** out. number one: its an internship so there's prolly a couple techs already in the building. number two: its a school system.

they'll prolly have someone mentor him along until he knows what he needs to know. This is similar to how I got started in help desk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom