animation/game designer fields?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jordo_99

Daemon Poster
hi i'm a sophomore in college and i've been considering going into the animation/game design field of work. i've spent probably around 100-150 hours w/ 3dsMax programs (i've got max 7 now) and i just wanted to know what schools out there would be good to attend.

i don't have tons of money or anything and i'll transfer at semester to attend a school if i decide for sure i wanna go that route for a job. I was told by my animation professor to check out Ringley and a few other really good schools and try and get in but they cost upwards of $40,000 a year and there's no way i can offord that. i wanna know of good schools that will only be in the 10,000-20,000 range. any suggestions?

*i was told that people who hire for animation/game design look for prestigious schools on ur resume and that it's important to go to a good school. I just don't have the money to go.*

if you cant afford the school do ROTC and they will pay for it
you just have to spend 4 years as an officer on active duty after that

StylinGolfShoes said:
if you cant afford the school do ROTC and they will pay for it
you just have to spend 4 years as an officer on active duty after that

ROTC is that like army national guards or something...cuz i'm not too into warfare and killing people...i'll do some research on it.

*ok yeah i just looked it up. only way i'd ever consider doing that is if i were to get a desk job or something not out fighting in the field...i know i'm a coward...lol*

my bro is in guards and they told him he'd only have a 15% chance of going off to war...2 months after bootcamp he was in Iraq. Although he's back and safe again after 2 1/2 years of service i doubt i'd take my chances especially w/ all the fighting the USA does.

i'm not willing to risk my life for $50,000 when i don't think i'd come back alive.

you get 180,000 in the ROTC program
plus ROTC stands for reserve officers training corps
so there is a really good chance you get a desk job unless u request the frontlines
or you could do coast guard ROTC that is some easy **** dude

thats how im paying for college
NAVY ROTC

ok...well say i were to go do that. for the 4 years of service part. is that fulltime service or just like...go to do 10 hours a month or something like the guards. cuz if it's fulltime then i could just work for 4 years, probably pay for college and still end up in the same situation except not being in the army. that's assuming i would make $20,000 a year.

jordo_99 said:
ok...well say i were to go do that. for the 4 years of service part. is that fulltime service or just like...go to do 10 hours a month or something like the guards. cuz if it's fulltime then i could just work for 4 years, probably pay for college and still end up in the same situation except not being in the army. that's assuming i would make $20,000 a year.

uhhh? 20,000 dollars will barely cover living expenses for a year. If you only make 20k a year, then you are living in poverty and you will not be able to save a penny, **** you will probably be getting welfare checks from the government.

ROTC is not a bad idea if you do not have any money. There are also other programs like the police core, which you have to serve as a police officier for 2-3 years. You could also take out government loans where the interest rate is below inflation. Meaning you are actually making money off of the loan in the short term. Most states offer state-wide scholarships also, if you still have time left in highschool, bring your grades up and get one of these scholarships!

well i was saying that 20,000 is what i'd be saving. i could easily share an apt in town for $150 a month and about another $100 on food.

my only thing about loans is that i don't like the idea of going to a school and then oweing the gov't $80,000. and trying to pay that off while buying a house and getting married (assuming my life goes that route.) anyways i think i got all the info i need. unless there's something that nobody else mentioned i won't be replying. thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom