A+, After Highschool Where?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EndofSanity

In Runtime
Hi, im relatively new here (As you can see) and i just wanted to post my thoughts. I'm 15 currently taking an A+ certification course. I love Working with computers and being around computers but im wondering after High school where do i go? College? Voactaional? "AHHH!!" Anyway's. I am also enjoying a c++ programming class but i feel that im much more into networking/hardware.

Anyway just looking for some of your guys input. i feel with my ACT scores i can get into any good college (26).
Thanks in advance for advice. :)

If you're interested in computers, college is the way for you. Dont let people misguide you with false representations or luck. At your age I dont think you should make a decision whether you like programming or networking. The way I see it you are making that decision on the fact that you are always around PC's and networking. Reach for the stars, try engineering or some other advanced computer field if computing is truly what you want to do.

It is like someone becoming a surgeon, they dont get to practice 24/7 so how do you think they know if they REALLY want to be surgeon? I see a lot of kids just settle for a career in networking which is already a very overflooded field and the ones that get in are **** lucky. You have to be able to compete in the job market specially in computing, do something unique that hardly no one can do. Even though you might not be able to practice now, once you enter college for bioinformatics or computer engineering you will be working with the different equipment and learning. Always have your mind set on something they cant outsource also, if you really want to get technical. You see so many networking and programming jobs being outsourced to india and other growing countries. It's your life so you want to make the right decisions. Good luck to you :)

While in college you can study and take many of the Certs listed in rarosses Sig. I reccomend Network+ and Server+ after A+.

I am practically your twin, Graduating soon and taking A+ at High school i am already studying for Network + and CCNA, and will be going to college for a BD in Computer information systems.

Assuming I pass..

Thanks for your input. i will consider it:D i've been told by so many differnt people just to go to a vocational school but i figured it would look a LOT better ona resume to have college...

Thanks for all the help :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom