advertising - commercials business

fr1234

Beta member
Hi. First of all sorry about my bad english. I don't know if I'm in right forum or not.

I'm planning to start an advertising business in shopping centers around the country.

I want to play commercials on two TV sets (picture) so i have few questions. Please advise me.

M.jpg

- What type of tv is better LCD, LED or Plasma (cleaner and sharper image and size)?
- What is the best media to stream the commercials from (pc, dvd player etc.)?

Thank you very much

Last edited by a moderator:
1. I do not know, but I'd pick the ones with the longest lifespan and run the coolest and most power efficient.

2. I'd say have them networked. Get something designed to play a SINGLE file (ie, you have a remote directory in which the video resides in its own directory. The only thing required to do is make the video and simply put it into that directory and they'd automatically play

Maybe a Raspberry Pi with a specially designed program to do that. :tongue:

Plasmas will have the sharpest image, but tend to be larger and consume more energy. LED and LCD are basically the same quality wise (as far as I know). Both relatively cheap, low energy consumption and long life. I would ask a sales person when you go to purchase them, but I would go with the cheapest if you just plan to show commercials.

Depending on how you want to show the commercials will depend on the answer here. Do you plan on having multiple TVs at a single location, and do they need to play the same commercial at the same time? I believe you can get a TV with a USB port, so you could simply load the files onto a flash disk, and set them up to play in a loop. Although if you need to sync them, you could do a DVD player with multiple outputs for each TV. Although if you need to control multiple TVs at different locations, I would look into something such as SlingBox. I believe this will allow you to configure what is playing from a computer at a remote location.

1. I do not know, but I'd pick the ones with the longest lifespan and run the coolest and most power efficient.

2. I'd say have them networked. Get something designed to play a SINGLE file (ie, you have a remote directory in which the video resides in its own directory. The only thing required to do is make the video and simply put it into that directory and they'd automatically play

Maybe a Raspberry Pi with a specially designed program to do that. :tongue:

I agree with this, also: If you can have them networked and such I would look at this: Xibo - Digital Signage I started using it for our digital signage, I have thinclients hooked to our tvs but I would give it a shot it works really well.

Back
Top Bottom