Advantages Of Network+ Certificates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brittan

Beta member
Hi, I am wondering if any of you have the Network+ or A+ certificats? I am Seriously considering a carrer change and was hoping to get some advice on these. Do they help? Is the demand as high recruiters say they are? any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Brittan

I have a A+ and Net+ Certs. They are useful. But they are only as useful in compariso to the time of experience you have. I have over 15 years experience of PC's but none in a "work" field. That is why even for me i would have to get a "Starters" position.

A Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) who has 1 or more of the Specific Microsoft Certified Programs under their belt would be a bit more useful as A+ is based strictly on Core Hardware and Operating Ssytem. Net+ is of course Networking but you need a Bachlor's Degree as well.

PS i will move this to the Computer Job Degree and Certs area.

The A+ is really important if you want to get an entry level job also an Associates Degree is good. Net+ I am working on that will help you start a little higher on the pole but not much higher made like network tech compared to Computer Tech.

Certs are good for what they are "by definition": Certification of your knowledge and hopefully experience. When I look at potential employees in the recruiting process certs are important but only a part of the equation. Generally I'd take someone with 5 years solid experience and no cert over someone with multiple certs and little practical experience. That said, I have earned several certs myself, from CNE Netware 3.12 to most recently the CISSP. It does add value to one's overall package.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom