accelerated vs traditional

Status
Not open for further replies.

rick74

Beta member
I need an opinion on the accelerated 4 1/2 month schools where i could get Completed Candidate Training:
Network Administrator
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Network Administrator IT Career Track is an intensive 14 week program designed to give students the knowledge and job skills required to immediately contribute to the support of a business' IT infrastructure and network. The program focuses on four distinct areas: Hardware, Operating Systems, Networking and Business/Soft Skills. The curriculum is designed to give the students the skill sets typically associated with those attributable to the Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) certification.

Network Administrator Project Description
The Network Administrator Project is a two prong project that generally challenges the student to design, plan, and implement an original Windows 2003 Enterprise domain structure for a single corporation and then design, build and implement a network infrastructure that allows two separate business entities to communicate. The student must then present the Project to an audience of fellow students, instructors and Centriq staff. The presentation must include business rationale in addition to technical expertise. The audience is encouraged to question the student. The project generally takes approximately 30 hours and must be approved by the instructor in order to be considered complete.

Technical Skills Acquired

Hardware:
Understanding Computer Fundamentals
Mastery of Computer Hardware Essentials

Operating Systems:
Installation and Configuration
Managing AD
Securing a Domain with GPO's
Troubleshooting

Networking:
Basic Networking
Resolving
Network Access
Secure Networks
Business/Soft Skills Acquired

Effective Communications
Problem Solving/Decision Making
Conflict Management
Project Management
Customer Care

Associated Certifications

CompTIA A+
CompTIA Network+
MCSA

Sample Job Roles

Help Desk
Desktop Support
PC Technician
Systems Admin.
Network Engineer

as compared to a traditional college or trade school.

See my other post in your other thread, i believe you should go to a college and get an assocaites, while doing that get two or three certifications on your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom