A+

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking about taking the exam. Is is really picky in the areas that require straight memorization? For example: "What is IRQ6 used for" or "what memory location does FFF001x001 refer to?" Those are the only things I have trouble with, I'm good with everything else.

Also, do you get instant results or do you have to wait a while?

Thanks

kfc469 said:
I am thinking about taking the exam. Is is really picky in the areas that require straight memorization? For example: "What is IRQ6 used for" or "what memory location does FFF001x001 refer to?" Those are the only things I have trouble with, I'm good with everything else.

Also, do you get instant results or do you have to wait a while?

Thanks

as soon as you click "end exam" after the final question, you get the results.

it depends on what you consider memorization. I can't really tell you for the hardware because it was so long ago. as for the software, some basic memorization is require for: the minimum cpu speed, memory and hdd is required for certain os'. also, how to get to certain programs like: Device Manager, Control Panel, Mapping Network Drives etc. from different os'. if you use those websites I included up there you should have no problem. if I used them for the hardware I would of got a higher score. on the os portion I really got a good score, more than I thought I was going to get. btw, those proprofs CramSheets are really good. I went over them the night before and the day I took them and they help you remember the little things like: What files can you edit with sysedit and how to edit certain files.

hope I was some help. ;-)

its easy, or atleast the 2003 objectives were, I passed both exams with about 95%.

however the new A+ version has just been release so much of the advice I could give you might not be relevant now.
Be careful that any study material you get is for the A+ 2006 objectives.

good link! shame its the 2k MCSE and the old A+ objectives. Still a good find though.

KNiGHTMaRe89 said:
Just passed my A+ today. Boy when I first started studying for them a little over a year ago, I thought it was going to be super hard. Now I am A+ certified and both tests IMO were not that hard.

Here are some good sites I used for help:

www.proprofs.com
www.cramsession.com

Thanks for those; I did not know about the first site!

:cool:

Els

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom