70-680 exam scheduled May 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikesx4911

In Runtime
Lex persuaded me a while ago to take this exam as it is a good cert to have and windows 7 is creeping up into some enterprises. Just a little knowledge about me I have never had to use Win 7 at a enterprise, all my jobs was using XP. But I use win 7 everyday at home and I do more than the typical user I have created images and etc (haven't got smart enough for deploying just yet) but I am studying use ucertify, professor messor and cbt nugget videos. My goal is to study every single day by watching videos and by taking at least two practice exams every day. I will post up my results after the exam, I hope I can pass it on the first try :)

Any suggestions from anyone?

Good luck!

My only suggestion is to not focus so much on definitions but on actually understanding the material. Meaning it's not good enough to know what the definition of something is, you need to know step by step how to implement it.

Good luck man, first cert?

Good luck!

My only suggestion is to not focus so much on definitions but on actually understanding the material. Meaning it's not good enough to know what the definition of something is, you need to know step by step how to implement it.

Good luck man, first cert?

Alrighty :) Nope this would be my 2nd cert I already have A+, after this I will take themicro server virtualization if its still free.

That test was extremley difficult, I took 2 hrs and only got a 500 I feel this exam is for people that have had at least 2 yrs of exp using 7 in a enterprise with lots and lots of deploying/capturing and sharing resources. I felt a majority of the questions didnt partain to win 7 clients but to more of servers.

Don't worry about it, everyone fails a few exams. Esp the first time you take a microsoft exam the material IMO is MUCH harder than anything CompTIA puts out. I've failed a few exams myself, you just have to brush yourself off and take it as a learning experience.

The best advice i can give is to PAY ATTENTION when you are taking the exam. Reason being if you remember the context of the questions you are more likely to get them correct the next go around. MS only circulates like 4 exam copies so on your retake will inevitably have a repeat question. Just try to remember the exam questions you found confusing and look them up the moment you are out of your exam.

Here are the objectives of the exam: TS: Windows 7, Configuring

It looks like it has a good portion geared towards deployment (about 25%). Just focus on the areas you did poorly in and schedule a retake!

Well I was thinking I might just wait till I have worked with windows 7 at least 2 yrs in a corporate environment because as of now I have none. Only used XP, but I try to do a lot of the stuff at hm on VM's and etc.

Are you currently in an IT position? Install 7 on your home PC.

I think that's the goofy part about IT, to gain the knowledge for certifications you usually have to be in that position for a year or so - but if you are already in that position whats the point of getting the certification?

That's why i generally try to obtain the certification before getting that job because A)increases the likelihood of being hired B)brings my skillsets up to par with the position C)makes my resume stand out among others D)Will increase your pay before hire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom