5 Amazing Certificates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by raross
This is nonsense. If you have not noticed the IT Market is flooded with people like you and people with 4 year degrees. So the people with 4 year degrees are going to get the jobs over the people without.
This is true only in theory. In practice, things aren't black and white.

Originally posted by raross
Which statement do you disagree with? Because unlike you, I have worked in the IT field. I presume you're still in highschool and have yet a lot to learn.
This seems a bit misleading. Didn't you just finish your freshman year of college?

Originally posted by FrOz3nD
People i think this is going a liiiittle bit out of control . .
dont you agree ?
No.

jaeusm said:
This is true only in theory. In practice, things aren't black and white.

This seems a bit misleading. Didn't you just finish your freshman year of college?

No.

I was speaking generally. There will always be someone who has worked in the military in IT, and goes out into the public who will be hired because he has the 10 year experience (with no college education). Or you might know someone, who can help you get a job to get the experience you need to get a "real" IT job. But like I said, I was generally speaking.

I am still in college, yes. But, before I even started college, I tried to get a job with the certifications I had. Now that I have realized this, I have picked a far more specialized area then IT to get my graduate degree in.

I have an MCSE on NT4 and an MCSE on Win2k, and they are both next to the most worthless things I've ever put on a resume. In fact, I have considered in the past not even listing them.

I have a college degree in the "code monkey" field. I had to laugh a bit there when you're denegrating software engineering.... Who do you think writes the software that you IT-types stay employed working with?

TheHeadFL said:

I have a college degree in the "code monkey" field. I had to laugh a bit there when you're denegrating software engineering.... Who do you think writes the software that you IT-types stay employed working with?

I wouldn't really say that calling a software engineer a code monkey is bad thing at all... They call themselves that all the time...

Believe me, I have plenty of experience with code monkeys. I enjoy the QA field quite a bit.

I didn't mean to degrade the software engineers at all... Its just not an IT job IMO. And thats not saying that the IT field is better or worse... just different... ok? I didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

bradybnmci said:
I wouldn't really say that calling a software engineer a code monkey is bad thing at all... They call themselves that all the time...

Believe me, I have plenty of experience with code monkeys. I enjoy the QA field quite a bit.

I didn't mean to degrade the software engineers at all... Its just not an IT job IMO. And thats not saying that the IT field is better or worse... just different... ok? I didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

There are a fair amount of software engineering jobs that are in IT. Personally I would not want to be in one of those positions, but they are there.

bradybnmci said:
Like what?

The explosive impact of computers and information technology on our everyday lives has generated a need to design and develop new computer software systems and to incorporate new technologies into a rapidly growing range of applications. The tasks performed by workers known as computer software engineers evolve quickly, reflecting new areas of specialization or changes in technology, as well as the preferences and practices of employers. Computer software engineers apply the principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis to the design, development, testing, and evaluation of the software and systems that enable computers to perform their many applications. (A separate statement on engineers appears elsewhere in the Handbook.)

Software engineers working in applications or systems development analyze usersÂ’ needs and design, construct, test, and maintain computer applications software or systems. Software engineers can be involved in the design and development of many types of software, including software for operating systems and network distribution, and compilers, which convert programs for execution on a computer. In programming, or coding, software engineers instruct a computer, line by line, how to perform a function. They also solve technical problems that arise. Software engineers must possess strong programming skills, but are more concerned with developing algorithms and analyzing and solving programming problems than with actually writing code. (A separate statement on computer programmers appears elsewhere in the Handbook.)

Computer applications software engineers analyze usersÂ’ needs and design, construct, and maintain general computer applications software or specialized utility programs. These workers use different programming languages, depending on the purpose of the program. The programming languages most often used are C, C++, and Java, with Fortran and COBOL used less commonly. Some software engineers develop both packaged systems and systems software or create customized applications.

Computer systems software engineers coordinate the construction and maintenance of a company’s computer systems and plan their future growth. Working with the company, they coordinate each department’s computer needs—ordering, inventory, billing, and payroll recordkeeping, for example—and make suggestions about its technical direction. They also might set up the company’s intranets—networks that link computers within the organization and ease communication among the various departments.

Systems software engineers work for companies that configure, implement, and install complete computer systems. These workers may be members of the marketing or sales staff, serving as the primary technical resource for sales workers and customers. They also may be involved in product sales and in providing their customers with continuing technical support. Since the selling of complex computer systems often requires substantial customization for the purchaserÂ’s organization, software engineers help to explain the requirements necessary for installing and operating the new system in the purchaserÂ’s computing environment. In addition, systems software engineers are responsible for ensuring security across the systems they are configuring.

Computer software engineers often work as part of a team that designs new hardware, software, and systems. A core team may comprise engineering, marketing, manufacturing, and design people, who work together until the product is released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom