A+ 220-601 Essentals Exam Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
I passed just barely too. It's not really an indicator of aptitude or intelligence. Just ability to memorize. Which is the big problem with school in general today. You don't actually learn much - just memorize and regurgitate.
too true

When i took the A+ it was full of usless questions. So i would say a large percent of the test was usless. I would say i did learn some stuff while studying.
amen to that

When i took the A+ it was full of usless questions. So i would say a large percent of the test was usless. I would say i did learn some stuff while studying.
You may have taken the ealier exams, the 600 level exams IMO are pretty well suited for what you're going to encounter within the real world. While some of the questions are pretty useless I would say the vast majority is good information (even if some things are dated). The only thing they could really do is incorporate some type of 'hands on' questions where you have to work with a real system to answer questions.

I took part 2 of the exam today it was the IT Tech one and I passed with a 750. Now I'm A+ Certified :)

Net+ is actually way more useful if you're going into support in today's world. It's very helpful to know the basics of how computers talk to each other and other things, because that's 90% of your problems you'll ever see right there.

I have an OSI protocol/layer map on my wall, it has several hundred nodes and looks like a blown up schematic for a circuit. TCP/IP accounts for less than 20% of the whole map... it's quite frightening actually.

Last year was the last year they did Net+ Not enough kids were interested in Net+ (last year there were a whopping 2 kids in the class and only half passed their exam) so they cut the program and now instead of doing A+ then Net+ I get to do A+ and Apple tech. I guess it will be useful knowing about apples because they are starting to become more popular but I would have much rather taken Net+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom