pioneer blu ray dvd rom 149.99 - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Member's Area > Buy/Sell/Trade and Hot Deals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-16-2008, 03:10 PM   #11 (permalink)
Lord Techie
 
veedubfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,979
Default Re: pioneer blu ray dvd rom 149.99

I'll consider blu ray when the price of movies comes down to under 20 bucks, or i can buy used ones from blockbuster like i do my standard dvds.
__________________

__________________
Nothing to see here.
veedubfreak is offline  
Old 04-16-2008, 03:52 PM   #12 (permalink)
I feel funny...
 
thirdshiftdj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lowell,Ma
Posts: 3,808
Send a message via AIM to thirdshiftdj
Default Re: pioneer blu ray dvd rom 149.99

netflix is also an option. Which is probably what I'm going to do. I never watch a movie twice unless I really like it. Which by the way, has anyone seen "Walkhard" ? Funniest movie ever.
__________________

__________________
NUFFIN!
thirdshiftdj is offline  
Old 04-17-2008, 05:29 AM   #13 (permalink)
PeugeotEnthusiast
 
NayNay1991x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: United Kingdom, Leicester
Posts: 2,081
Send a message via MSN to NayNay1991x
Default Re: pioneer blu ray dvd rom 149.99

when DVD First came out there movies were in between £15-£18 ($30-$38)
and there prices for there DVD players were over £180-£360 Atleast!

@ Veedubfreak
__________________
http://instagram.com/nay206pug#
NayNay1991x is offline  
Old 04-17-2008, 09:46 AM   #14 (permalink)
Lord Techie
 
veedubfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,979
Default Re: pioneer blu ray dvd rom 149.99

Quote:
Originally Posted by NvidiaDude View Post
when DVD First came out there movies were in between 15-18 ($30-$38)
and there prices for there DVD players were over 180-360 Atleast!

@ Veedubfreak
This is true...but the difference is.....wait for it....the only other option was VHS. Dvd brought a lot to the table compared to vhs. No more rewinding....much better quality....the ability to skip to different parts of the movie. Blue doesnt bring ANYTHING new to the table other than "higher quality" which unless you have a 1080p capable tv and sit 1ft from it, standard dvd is just fine. Now do you see where i'm coming from? And with dvd, i jumped on it as soon as it came out, just because of the the bonuses that come with using a disc instead of a tape. My first DVD player was 350 bucks.
__________________
Nothing to see here.
veedubfreak is offline  
Old 04-17-2008, 09:59 AM   #15 (permalink)
Wizard Techie
 
Jorsoft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Oakdale, MN
Posts: 4,581
Default Re: pioneer blu ray dvd rom 149.99

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdshiftdj View Post
netflix is also an option. Which is probably what I'm going to do. I never watch a movie twice unless I really like it. Which by the way, has anyone seen "Walkhard" ? Funniest movie ever.
I didn't know Netflix was even offering Blu Ray rentals, that's pretty cool. Good way to sidestep those high costs!
__________________
Jorsoft is offline  
Old 04-17-2008, 10:21 AM   #16 (permalink)
Lord Techie
 
ricanflow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Euless, Tx
Posts: 6,317
Default Re: pioneer blu ray dvd rom 149.99

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedubfreak View Post
This is true...but the difference is.....wait for it....the only other option was VHS. Dvd brought a lot to the table compared to vhs. No more rewinding....much better quality....the ability to skip to different parts of the movie. Blue doesnt bring ANYTHING new to the table other than "higher quality" which unless you have a 1080p capable tv and sit 1ft from it, standard dvd is just fine. Now do you see where i'm coming from? And with dvd, i jumped on it as soon as it came out, just because of the the bonuses that come with using a disc instead of a tape. My first DVD player was 350 bucks.
I can easily tell how bad a standard dvd looks on my 720p set. The hd channels look amazing, so i can imagine how much better the bd movies would be on it. Even when sitting far away, standard dvd looks crappy compared to 720p...so yeah ill be buying a ps3 as soon as the funds are available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorsoft03 View Post
I didn't know Netflix was even offering Blu Ray rentals, that's pretty cool. Good way to sidestep those high costs!

Blockbuster has rentals too .
__________________
3DMARK06 = 20,341 (3.8GHZ)



Laptop
P7350 | GTX 260M | 4GB DDR2 800 | 320GB HD | X-Fi | Vista 64

Folding Rig/File Server

M775 | E1200 | Foxconn P9657AB
| Dual 8800GT | Antec NeoHE 500 | Barracuda 80GB | Wintec Ampx



ricanflow is offline  
Old 04-17-2008, 10:48 AM   #17 (permalink)
Lord Techie
 
veedubfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,979
Default Re: pioneer blu ray dvd rom 149.99

Heh, my blockbuster has like 1 rack of Bluray.
__________________
Nothing to see here.
veedubfreak is offline  
Old 04-17-2008, 11:30 AM   #18 (permalink)
I feel funny...
 
thirdshiftdj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lowell,Ma
Posts: 3,808
Send a message via AIM to thirdshiftdj
Default Re: pioneer blu ray dvd rom 149.99

blockbuster online has almost 500 titles like netflix. I personally never tried blockbuster.
__________________
NUFFIN!
thirdshiftdj is offline  
Old 04-17-2008, 12:10 PM   #19 (permalink)
Lord Techie
 
veedubfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,979
Default Re: pioneer blu ray dvd rom 149.99

I like the blockbuster one. I pay 8 bucks a month, get 2 movies from them and 2 movies from the store.
__________________
Nothing to see here.
veedubfreak is offline  
Old 04-18-2008, 03:18 AM   #20 (permalink)
Hard Gay Nahalem! Fooo!
 
NosBoost300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bellflower, CA
Posts: 10,154
Send a message via AIM to NosBoost300
Default Re: pioneer blu ray dvd rom 149.99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricanflow View Post
I can easily tell how bad a standard dvd looks on my 720p set. The hd channels look amazing, so i can imagine how much better the bd movies would be on it. Even when sitting far away, standard dvd looks crappy compared to 720p...so yeah ill be buying a ps3 as soon as the funds are available.




Blockbuster has rentals too .
oh man... regular dvd look like dogshat on my 1080p tv.. LETS NOT START W/ STANDARD TELEVISION... good god it looks bad..... i almost don't wanna watch tv unless i'm sitting all the way to the back of my bed... but even then so i still see pixels
__________________

__________________
Current Build:
Intel 3770k @ 4.4 GHZ | Galaxy GTX 770 SLi | 16 GB G.Skill Sniper | ASrock z77 Extreme4
2xSamung 840pro 128GB in Raid | 2x1TB Seagate | Antec 750 Watt GamerSeries
Media Build:
Intel Core i3 3220 | Galaxy GTX 650 | 8 GB Corsair Vengeance | ASrock B75M | Samsung 840 120GB
NosBoost300 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Windows Vista Discussion Tyler1989 Microsoft Windows and Software 2568 05-04-2008 02:52 PM
Our Ventrilo Server Is Up And Running! mikesgroovin Off Topic Discussion 237 11-15-2007 08:46 PM
AMD Phenom X4 CPU Prices Emerge b1gapl New Systems | Building and Buying 123 11-12-2007 01:03 AM



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.