New Hot Deals Thread

States it is a refurb. I have never had good experiences with refurbs, totally gave up on that because it's not worth saving a few bucks to have to cough up the cost of shipping it back

I concur. Refurbished mean it is factory refurbished. Not something the store took a look at and said it works. The manufacturer runs so many tests on it to verify it is in working order.

Unless you are thinking of Open Box, which is basically a guessing game. Did the user send it back because he didn't need/like it, or it plain didn't work?

My laptop is a refurb, and I saved nearly $270 on it. Had a few boards that were refurbs, work to this day.

I'm glad to hear it work for you. The last time I got some refurbs (factory) were several seagate drives from newegg....they were so loud my wife in the next room wanted to know what all the racket was. I asked newegg if I could return because they were so noisy I considered them to be defective and they said o.k. and gave me a refund. I'm not saying "click click click" noisy, I mean the kind of sound like the 750mb drives from 1995 read/write noise. My luck is really bad on those types of items so I avoid them like a plague

lol.... I wish!
That was only my last instance. That was the last straw on a multitude of rma's and refunds. I vowed to never refurb again!! and for the love of god and humanity, pleeeze pleezee do not attempt to convince me to try another refurb deal, else I will loose what little sanity I have left

Meh, I don't care. Some ppl say refurb is the way to go, while others hate it with vengeance. I'm in the middle. I try to stay away from it, but I can't pass up a good whippin' deal.

Back
Top Bottom