Are you overweight?

What's your BMI?

• BMI below 19: Underweight (you should gain weight!)

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • BMI: 19 - 26: Healthy

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • BMI: 27 - 30: Overweight (increased mortality)

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • BMI above 30: Obese (significantly increased mortality)

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters
Overweight here.

6ft 3" and 234.2lbs - I've actually lost 9 pounds. I was 243 two weeks back.

I basically used to eat probably 3000 to 4000 calories a day. Mainly crap like biscuits, donuts, pot noodle, burgers, pizza etc. Very rarely would I eat something nutritious.

Now i've cut down to 1500 calories a day and trying to walk 10,000 steps a day. I used to do 10,000 steps a day easy back when I worked at an airport as it was huge and took me like 30 minutes just to walk to give someone a new mouse. But this place is smaller and less moving (though there can be a lot of walking on odd days).

My diet consists of rolled oats and blueberries for breakfast. An apple and some crackers for lunch. Then for dinner I basically have what I want, so long as it is < 900 calories or so. E.g. noodles and beef stir fry, home made curry made from onions, tomatoes and spices - hardly any of the unhealthy stuff like butter etc. I drink water exclusively now. I probably consumed 800 calories a day in Coca Cola and Milk previously.

To be honest I feel no different. My body ran just fine on junk food, I never felt tired or anything. I feel just the same on the new diet. Though my goal was weight loss and increased fitness which is going well.

^ It's good that you're taking care of it.
You may not notice any difference now however it may save you from future illness.

Im apparently overweight bmi 30.6 lol, but I am naturally very stock (genetics a plus :cool:) and do not carry much if any fat at all! but I apparently need to lose weight lol

I used to be obese, then lost 120+ lbs about three years ago. I'm still not sure how -- I ate less and exercised more, sure, but I kept a journal and there was no real connection between poundage lost and food consumed. I think it matters more what you eat than how much, so my rule of thumb is to stay away from chemically processed-preserved foods as much as I can. I'm still slightly overweight, something I attribute to a deep habit of breakfast cereal.

Well I'm underweight obv because I'm a kid. Bmi 18.98.
Wow u obese guys r crazy, do some exercise and go to the gym. Idk about u but I want to live very long. No offence

If I got some kinda illness due to a bad diet, I'd become a vegan straight away

Well I'm underweight obv because I'm a kid. Bmi 18.98.
Wow u obese guys r crazy, do some exercise and go to the gym. Idk about u but I want to live very long. No offence

If I got some kinda illness due to a bad diet, I'd become a vegan straight away
Actually you can be completely 100% healthy all of your life and still die from the same things. That's why I just live my life like I want to and just control myself. Going vegan is probably the worst thing you can do for your body.

Old thread is old. LOL.

Still fat. My job consists of driving 4-10 hours a day. When not driving I am in a store working on a cash register/POS system, so mainly standing/bending unless it is the server then sitting.

Still making changes, though. My doc is working on my thyroid. He has had me on meds for it for a while but not enough. He just bumped me up again for the third time and I go back in a month to have my levels checked again. When he first checked it he was amazed I was functional at all. Once that is addressed things should move better.

Back
Top Bottom