Whats your internet connection?

How much for 1 stick of pc2100 256 mb ddr ram?

• >60

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 45-60

• 30-45

• <30

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADSL 1.5 down/128 up

I have a question for you guys, speaking of internet connections and what not. Is PPPoE (point to point protocol over ethernet) standard for this type? Or is there something else that's used that I'm not aware of.

I know the standard for dialup is PPP so I don't see how it would make much of a difference since it's both on the phone line.

When I get a really good job I'll get a personal connection of 7.1 downstream, 768k up (It's 240.00 a month - quite a dent in the wallet)

PPPoE is what is now widely used/standardized for residential ADSL connections. You can pay extra to get an "always-on" connection, which was prevalent prior to 2001 (before the big switch to PPPoE), though I'm not sure if many ISPs offer this option anymore.

PPPoA (PPP over ATM) is also used, although it's not too common.

crappy dial up i cant get adsl out here but when it does come im getting it and if i want E1 i have to lay my own cable to the city which is about 50km/30m does any one have 50km/30m of cable

Martin - I'm just curious - I've seen people ask you about your avatar a lot - is that Mohammed?

Sorry if I'm being too personal.

Sorry for the off-topic question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom