WHat's up with Yahoo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will try to find the release, but in a press conference they were accused of using gmail by scanning all emails and using it for advertising. they replied that they were and had no intentions of stopping that. might be something interesting to look up. you are right about the rest though. they are strong supporters of open source, and in that they regain some of my loyalty

google desktop i believe sends information back to google about your entire hard drive.
google said they had no plans to stop this as well because it is part of their "research" to find out how users use thier computer. :rolleyes:

as well, they would not release information about their search engine to the gov't - even though micorosft, yahoo and i believe AOL all released the required information.

read this in one of my magazines..i dunno 6-8 months back. i'll try to find it to make sure i remeber correctly.

I think google is kicking the butt of yahoo,so sell...oh merge layoff many workers and keep making Microsoft Billions:eek: .

Balloon-not

google desktop i believe sends information back to google about your entire hard drive.
google said they had no plans to stop this as well because it is part of their "research" to find out how users use thier computer. :rolleyes:
It's not like spyware that steals personal information. It's just keywords the programs are looking for. They don't try and identify you or anything.
as well, they would not release information about their search engine to the gov't - even though micorosft, yahoo and i believe AOL all released the required information.
I think that's a good thing they don't....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom