TV Links Shutdown!

Status
Not open for further replies.
man this really sucks! i keep thinking "hey, i havent seen that movie ill go on tv-lin.. oh wait..."

one more open space on my bookmark toolbar.

Guys this was created becasue of the Torrentspy/Oinks thing started by the MPAA here in the US. Blame our stupide GOV for this act. Hollywoods at it again.
That suit is ongoing and contentious. Cooper ruled last May that TorrentSpy must begin saving the internet addresses and download activity of its U.S.-based users, and turning over the information to the MPAA in pretrial discovery. In response, TorrentSpy began blocking U.S. users, and made changes on its site to protect user privacy -- drawing a fresh burst of outrage in legal filings by MPAA lawyers earlier this month.

Source

Fancy the read mates. Its long but its worth the awe of stupidity going on here.

OK that had nothing to do with it. TV-Links was a link site to places that people had posted TV shows an Movies on hosting site like Stage 6 an Daily motion it wasn't a torrent site in any way shape or form.

Actualy this is all connected. Like i said, Hollywood is at it again. Getting TV shows or rather movies (Cause certain TV is free) is still like pirating. Its hard to explain.

How exactly? FACT (Federation Agenst Copy write Theft) is a British organisation they don't take orders from the MPAA never have done they might work together from time to time but that's it.

Now lets get to the short an curlys of the matter, they arrested this guy because he hosted a webpage that contained links to a site that held a vid that some one else uploaded. Google video is guiltly of hosting them Stage 6 is guilty of hosting them You tube is guiltly of hosting them. Why didn't FACT go for them?... Because they are two big an powerful.

Vern will be adding tactical support in other words when I have done the hard work he is going to kick them in the nuts.

22nd October 2007

TV LINKS WEBSITE OWNER ARRESTED FOR COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT

A man aged 26 from Cheltenham was arrested on Thursday (18th October) in connection with offences relating to the facilitation of copyright infringement on the Internet. The arrest came during an operation by officers from Gloucestershire County Council Trading Standards Service working with investigators from the Federation Against Copyright Theft (‘FACT') and Gloucestershire Police. The man has been released pending further enquiries.

The site, TV Links (www.tv-links.co.uk), was providing links to illegal film content that has been camcorded from within a cinema and then uploaded to the Internet. The site additionally provided links to TV shows that were also being illegally distributed.

Sites such as TV Links contribute to and profit from copyright infringement by identifying, posting, organising, and indexing links to infringing content found on the Internet that users can then view on demand by visiting these illegal sites.

Kieron Sharp, FACT Director General, said: “We at FACT have stated very clearly that we intended to pursue those who are openly exploiting and facilitating the distribution of illegal film and TV content and this was the first major target.
The theft and distribution of films harms the livelihoods of those working in the UK film industry and in ancillary industries, as well as damaging the economy.
In addition, those visiting sites hosting illegal content run the risk of downloading Trojans or viruses that can infect their computers.”

Roger Marles, Head of Trading Standards, said: "This practice allows people to view any one of a large number of films and television programmes directly via the website. This is illegal under UK copyright law. The 'users' are potentially evading licence fees, subscription fees to digital services or the cost of purchase or admittance to cinemas to view the films.
No physical product changes hands but the effect is the same - anyone has the opportunity to view an illegal copy of a copyrighted work. This is all done without the permission of the owners of the copyright or trade mark protection in the works being distributed.
As no control is exerted over who can visit the site and access the service, there is no regard for the age of the viewer and therefore no control of the content of what is viewed."

The operation was conducted with the assistance of BREIN, the Dutch anti-piracy body, who have served notice on the TV Links hosting provider, Leaseweb, to allow the website servers to be removed. Leaseweb is based in the Netherlands.

As you can see nothing to do with the MPAA or RIAA just the British version, The host was in the Netherlands an it ****es me off that this is being allowed to continue in the courts of law.

This is a quote from the FAQ on TV-links (I found a copy I saved for some reason)

TV Links is not responsible for any content linked to or referred to from these pages.

TV Links does not host any content on our Servers

All video links point to content hosted on third party webites. Users who upload to these websites agree not to upload illegal content when creating their user accounts. TV Links does not accept responsibility for content hosted on third party websites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom