System restore success poll

Have you had a good success rate using System Restore?

• Yes (High success)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No (Low success)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No. Because as i said LKGC will only take you to your last boot. As where System Restore you can go back a month or more depending on when your Restore Points were made. Plus you can have up to 5 Restore points.

So it is a much more reliable system. As where LKGC will only take you back to your last good boot. Which even if you had a bad software install still might not help you. There have been more time that LKGC has failed on me than System Restore.

Ahh see that is a matter of what works for the individual, because your success has been SR for you 99% of the time and LKGC has been successful for me 99% of the time and our non success has been exactly the opposite for eachother, we like live in a parallel universe :D

Haha, I bet. ;)

By the way, have they updated System Restore in Windows 7?
Not that i know of.
Ahh see that is a matter of what works for the individual, because your success has been SR for you 99% of the time and LKGC has been successful for me 99% of the time and our non success has been exactly the opposite for eachother, we like live in a parallel universe :D

No. It is more likely cause you wait until it is to late to use the System Restore function. You keep using the LKGC till that doesnt work anymore and then try to use the Restore Function. Which will fail cause the system is already in trouble at that point.

That is not entirely how this system was made. LKGC takes you back, but it doesnt remove the software installed. Which allows you to remove it yourself.

Using System Restore is like not ever having install the software at all. So if i install a bad driver i can use LKGC to get my system back to roll back the driver. But if i install a bad piece of software i can use LKGC and roll back again or just use a Restore point and have it be like i never installed it at all.

To me and most people they will go to the restore points to make it seem like it never happened to prevent trying the hassle of getting the probme software uninstalled.

This has nothing to do with parallel universes. This has everything to do with our mind set on how these functions work and how to implement them. You refuse to use System Restore and would rather reinstall. Which is fine for you. But not everyone has that luxury. Which is why the System Restore was put into place.

As i said back in the other thread that started this all, it is fine to have your mind set. I never argued about the fact that it failed. Cause i know it does. My argument was over your % rate. You said 90% then later said 50% cause maybe the people never told you when it did work.

Yet our own poll results are showing a much different set of numbers. Which is all i was saying. As i said back in that thread you never hear when something works as it should. You only hear about it when it doesnt. So yeah i can understand why you would say a 90% failure rate if you only heard when it failed. But that is not the actual failure rate when using system restore.

That is my whole point and my whole argument behind it. If you choose not to use it that is fine. If you would rather reinstall than use it that is fine. But some people dont partition, dont separate their files so this is not something that is open to them so every possible option has to be tried. Including System Restore.

I have used LKGC with 100% working rate. But i dont use it for the fix all to my problems. Cause it was never meant to be that. It was simply put in to allow for a fix to bad divers installs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom