shuttles vs towers

NTFS C drive causing hard disk space to vaporate, plz help!

• Hard disk troubleshooting

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NTFS c drive

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

robina_80

Banned
me and my mate are arguing again and he says shuttles are way better than desktops/towers, i said maybe if you havnt got any space but what about if you want to make room for expansion like 3 h/d's and 2 cd/dvd drives also you need to buy differnt hardware for shuttles because there so small? he says mosty pep have shuttles so im going to make a poll

I voted "Midi Tower" but I think you mean "Mid Tower"? Micro ATX isn't really a case size, it's a motherboard format. And what do you mean by "desktop"? The horizontal ones?

I love Full Towers but they're harder to get and more expensive.

It isn't necessarly that one is better that the other.... Having owned both, I prefer SFF (Small Form Factor) PC's. They require no special hardware, as (most) come as barebones systems that already have the motherboard, PSU, and (not sure how many) with CPU coolers.

My shuttle (listed in sig) is CONSIDERABLY smaller than my full tower, and has about the same foot print. Also, there is room for 1 optical drive (no need at all for 2 IMO, even when copying disc's), and space for 2 HDD's, and 1 FDD (if you still use them, not much point anymore) / 1 additional HDD. Depending on the model you get, there are various expansion cards... Mine is limited, I have since PCI-Express x16, and PCI-Express x1..... no legacy PCI slots, not that I need them, as audio & LAN are built in, and there is also a header on the Mobo and a mount on the back of the case for a WiFi antenna.

A full tower would be good to have as a server on your lan with the additional HDD's you may need... I would again prefer a smaller NAS box though, as it would consume less power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom