Public Service Poll (anti smoking ads suck?)

Where do you stand?

• No, i dont smoke

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, i do smoke

• I only smoke socially

• I quit fortunately

• I love em!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
^its not really that, its to get kids to not start smoking at a young age because they see it everywhere. It is a good thing not a bad thing.

I have not smoked a cigarette, and will never. I see no point what so ever to purposely damage by body. That kinda contradicts all of the things i do such as sports lol, but in those things there is a change i might get hurt. Smoking, there is no chance, i know it is hurting me, more like there is a chance it could end my life short.

The problem with telling kids to not do something is it makes them want to try it that much more.

Started smoking when I was 12 or 13, smoked about a pack a day till I was like 27 then quit till I was 33 and started again. Am 34 right now, and aside from the price I really have no desire to quit

Thankfully I managed to quit about 5 years ago. However I was only a social smoker to begin with. I do not have a problem with smokers. However I do find that it's rather rude for them to light up in a crowded place (eg Bus Queues). However one thing that has been annoying me is the way that the laws in Australia are treating the tobacco industry.
Firstly there was large anti-smoking stickers on the packs that say "Smoking would damage your health." However I did have to laugh when the tobacconist start selling the anti-anti-smoking stickers like
- Passive Smokers should buy thier own
- Smoking is my choice so F*** off
But these anti-smokng stickers envolved some the simple black and white message to the colour images of body parts with the images of what smoking can do. Full color photos like a blackened lung or a brain with a blood clott. No only do smokers have to put up with these images, but I need to put up with the same images on the side of buses and billboards.
But again, this is not enough. Now the law states that all packs of smokes can not be put on public display in shops. It's just like the laws that they have down here conserning adult book shops and having Rated X material on display. In fact I get to see a lot more in an Adult Book shop then what I do in a smoke shop.
About again hiding the product from public display is not enough. Now there is talk about now they want have no art work on the pack of smokes at all. Almost like the movie 1984 where the smokes only came in a brown box.

Plus there is all the other laws that they have been putting in which have been restricting the where and when people can light up.
Some I do agree with. Eg. Drivers smoking in the car with kids is illegal.
Others I do not agree with. Eg. Smoking in the bar or casios is a illegal. (with the except at the casios with the high rollers roll where you can smoke)

Srsly, if some one what to destroy thier own lungs, let them do so in peace.

Although i do not live in AU, we do share the same views on ADs....like give it a break. We know what they are doing to us, it is our choice. Kthanks.

Others I do not agree with. Eg. Smoking in the bar or casios is a illegal. (with the except at the casios with the high rollers roll where you can smoke)

This law really annoys me with that casio high rollers room rule. Really shows how the legal system corrupted in that if you are rich, you can break the law.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom