Paypal Secretly Adding New Fees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master

Don't look now but the folks at PayPal seem to have added new fees for purchases labeled "goods" or "services." The 2.9% fee started back in June and, unless you regularly read your ToS, we are betting most of you didn't even realize it.

It was only announced by an email that said they had changed their Terms of Service, and then you had to go read the ToS page to find notice of the increased fee. Sneaky. When PC World blogger Jared Newman complained to them about the lacking notice, Paypal said,

Don't look now but the folks at PayPal seem to have added new fees for purchases labeled "goods" or "services." The 2.9% fee started back in June and, unless you regularly read your ToS, we are betting most of you didn't even realize it.

It was only announced by an email that said they had changed their Terms of Service, and then you had to go read the ToS page to find notice of the increased fee. Sneaky. When PC World blogger Jared Newman complained to them about the lacking notice, Paypal said,

PayPal said, "We didn't want to make a huge formal communication out of this pricing change, because we weren't really adding any fees, and we were hoping it would be a more useful experience for people," Hill said."

Just incase everyone was wondering. Glad I barely use them anymore... Lost $550 because of them, and YES it was because of them.

I don't use them at all, except to make donations to stuff; the fees are far FAR higher than it costs them.

Just incase everyone was wondering. Glad I barely use them anymore... Lost $550 because of them, and YES it was because of them.
Nasty, what happened?

Paypal is useful but the fee's take the ****, considering I use them for my online transactions on this forum for my wifi shop it make each cantenna hardly profitable.

Paypal is even charging fees on the so called free accounts now. The last 2 payments i took on my "free" account got charged.

Business and Premier accounts aren't free at all unless you can prove you're a non-profit organization. I paid $179 for the initialization fee and now $20 per month to accept Visa, Mastercard, Amex and Paypal payments.

F$%^^$ paypal.......ebay and paybal are going down the drain and fast.

People are getting tired of all the fees....makes it hard to turn a profit when ebay charges you a feee to list, sell, and then paypal charges you yet again to accept the money.

Business and Premier accounts aren't free at all unless you can prove you're a non-profit organization. I paid $179 for the initialization fee and now $20 per month to accept Visa, Mastercard, Amex and Paypal payments.

They upgraded me for free to premier, but I haven't gotten merchant services yet. o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom