Nine Inch Nails Releases BitTorrent Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Nine Inch Nails Releases BitTorrent Tracker

Nine Inch Nails' Trent Reznor has always been a proponent of BitTorrent music distribution. He's taken it step further than other bands and has released a BT tracker for high quality downloads, hosted on their own subdomain. Just another reason I like NIN, aside from the music.

“We use torrents ourselves, and we know that most NIN fans are tech-savvy and familiar with file-sharing, so we want to experiment with ways to use that to our advantage, instead of making the mistake of trying to fight or ignore it, as so many artists and labels do.” NIN's Art Director Rob Sheridan explained to TorrentFreak last year.

Wow, this is some pretty sweet news. It's really interesting to see what bands are doing nowadays in the age of the RIAA beatdowns. I mean, NIN telling everyone to "steal our music!", Radiohead offering their album essentially for free, and now this? It's nice to know that there are still some musicians that aren't Metallica.

I got in trouble at a photoshop site because I freely used any image on the net for my source material. Technical, this is illegal in most cases, even though I wasn't trying to make any money.

Other users tried to eviscerate me digitally until I dared them each to prove that all of their source material was their property.

The thing is, as a photographer and amateur digital artist, I give all my stuff away for free. If you like it, take it! If I don't want someone to use it for free, then I put it up on a photostock company. Art, in any form, should be strictly about art. If you want to make lots of money, go legit and open up a real business.

Viva la Trent!

nin05.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom