Man charged with stealing Wi-Fi signal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I made the video.

But if you are trying to pin me with a crime, just FYI, I never did anything illegal. I just did a wireless survey around where I live. And that network I connected to was my own. I portrayed it as someone elses network.

And I did not do the wardriving myself. I was just the camera guy.

I've got a wireless network too, (not many people do here yet) and have it unsecured. Using WEP would slow the network down quite a bit and using the pre-shared key would make my router for some reason crash. i've secured it in a different way though. i check logs for mac-adresses/pc-names i dont know. only one intrusion, while i was home, dont think i'll be seeing him again. went out in the front yard with one of my swords. a few minutes later i went back in and the culprit seemed to have disapeared.

Just because you had an unknown PC logged, does not mean he was parked outside using your network..... He could of been driving by doing like 40 mph and his netstumbler did a touch and go on yours.

Anyways if he really wanted to get into your network i think he would of have done it at a remote location. With the proper equipment, you can wireless connect almost 2,000 feet away.

It is not just a password. It is a very long string of random characters. Each computer needs to have that exact random string of characters. Some people just do not know how to do it, and others are just too lazy. And some people think that their network will never be attacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom