Intel lawsuit from AMD pushed to 2010, Intel Monopoly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the one company owns all the bandwidth, no one else can even offer a cell phone besides them. If they decide to only offer crap phones that have no features, you don't have a choice. If they decide that a cell phone will cost $500, you don't have a choice. If they decide to charge $1 per minute, you don't have a choice. if they decide to only activate the network in your area between 6 p.m. and 6 a.m., you don't have a choice.

Does this clear up why it is a bad thing?.....

you mean some people didn't know about this?

anyways I don't blame Intel
it all comes down to
2napk40.jpg

after all, its a war for market share
and you know what they say about war
all is fair in love and war :)

greed makes people do stuff... crazy stuff....
if using couple tricks would make me millions... I'd do it too
you might be thinking, no way I'd never do that.
but if you had the opportunity and or money in front of you I'd bet most of you would do the same.

like broadband in my area...
I only have Comcarp... wish I had fios

"Part of the AMD allegations claim that Intel offered free products and large discounts to keep computer makers from using AMD processors."

...that's like saying in Mc d's gives out free toys they are going to get sued. To me it sounds ignorant.

Thats not really co-related, because the free toys aren't forcing the person to use one product

Intel used a "bribery system" to keep the OEM's from using AMD Period

Not only free products, but threats regarding withholding products if AMD chips were used (in Dell's case). Intel didn't threaten to cut them out, but instead let it be known that Dell would be pushed way down on the list for shipment priority... like weeks.

"Part of the AMD allegations claim that Intel offered free products and large discounts to keep computer makers from using AMD processors."

...that's like saying in Mc d's gives out free toys they are going to get sued. To me it sounds ignorant.
more like, giving away food for discounted prices on the condition that their customers do not eat from anywhere else at all, or face prices a lot higher...

but that's still not exactly accurate, because Intel did this to large OEM's, not end-users.

If you are the head of an OEM company, and you don't accept the deal, then your competitor is getting chips at a discounted price, and your prices are increased. you lose the competitive edge. That was why OEM's were forced into the deal....

Not only that, but they threatened to withhold information about upcoming products to those that sold AMD processors...
without that information, they don't get newer products to market as quickly as their competitors....

more like, giving away food for discounted prices on the condition that their customers do not eat from anywhere else at all, or face prices a lot higher...

but that's still not exactly accurate, because Intel did this to large OEM's, not end-users.

If you are the head of an OEM company, and you don't accept the deal, then your competitor is getting chips at a discounted price, and your prices are increased. you lose the competitive edge. That was why OEM's were forced into the deal....

Not only that, but they threatened to withhold information about upcoming products to those that sold AMD processors...
without that information, they don't get newer products to market as quickly as their competitors....

there we go... thats a better metaphor for a Fast Food

EDIT: Apokalipse I got your 4600+ to 2640mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom