Intel bans Nvidia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apokalipse

Golden Master
Fudzilla - Intel won't let Nvidia make Nehalem chipsets
Nvidia's Director or PR, Derek Perez, has told Fudzilla that Intel actually won't let Nvidia make its Nforce chipset that will work with Intel's Nehalem generation of processors.

We confirmed this from Intel's side, as well as other sources. Intel told us that there won't be an Nvidia's chipset for Nehalem. Nvidia will call this a "dispute between companies that they are trying to solve privately," but we believe it's much more than that.

We all know that Jensen, Nvidia's CEO, officially stated that Intel stepped over the line with its comments about Nvidia. Ever since Nvidia entered into the chipset license with Intel, Graphzilla was concerned with Intel's history of competing, and they would be naive not to.

If you are old enough, you will remember that Intel killed VIA's Pentium chipset business, even though VIA had a legitimate license. Intel was cool toward Nvidia until recently, up until the point when Intel realized that a graphics card might be used for more than gaming and after Nvidia's bold decision to keep SLI for itself. It was a tough decision to go against Intel, but if Intel got the SLI for its X58 chipset or any previous Intel chipset, business would be good as dead, or things would get much tougher then they are for Nvidia.

At this point Intel simply doesn't want to honor its commitments toward he chipset license deal.

Nvidia has confirmed that it is officially becoming a victim of what VIA, AMD and many other companies have felt for a long time, as Intel tends to repress competition when threatened by superior products and technologies.

Nvidia is not the cleanest player around, but without a Nehelem chipset their chipset business unit might actually suffer some heavy losses, and obviously this is not what Nvidia wants.

Despite the fact that Nvidia has a license, Intel simply decided to cut Nvidia off. Intel is playing dirty, as Nvidia is the only company that has something that Intel really wants and cannot get.

It's a Catch-22 situation, as Nvdia wants SLI support for itself, while Intel would love to get SLI for its Nehalem chipset; but Nvidia refuses to give it away.

Intel was always the bully and they simply won't let Nvidia make Nehalem chipsets, which is not really a fair and honest way of playing the game. At least Jensen and the rest of Nvidia are not sitting and waiting for mercy; they are all locked and loaded for the biggest fight of their careers.

Let's not forget that Nvidia said that, “Intel's attempt to unilaterally and publicly interpret a contract between the two companies is unprecedented and unsupportable both legally and commercially.”

This Nvidia vs Intel dispute is simply becoming more interesting by the hour.
Now, if true, this is only going to reinforce why I don't like Intel.

It looks like if you want to have the absolute bleeding edge 3dmark scores with multiple GPU's in future, and you want to do it with Nvidia products, you'll have to also use an AMD CPU.
Or if you do use Intel, you're going to have to buy graphics cards from AMD (ATI).

It's strange how this works out. Now, Nvidia might need to work with the company that now owns their arch-rival ATI

Lol way to go Intel, now the best scores have to have either AMD + ATi or AMD + nVidia or Intel + ATi

ya... real smart!

I still think this is an attempt by Intel to keep AMD alive. At this point it looks like Nehalem will be significantly faster than any cpu AMD will have available when it is launched. So if there are no sli chipsets for Nehalem people wanting multi card setups will be forced to use Crossfire which will help AMD by selling more ATI graphics cards.

I still think this is an attempt by Intel to keep AMD alive.
As far as Intel is concerned, this has nothing to do with AMD.
Intel wants Nvidia to let them have SLI support, so that Intel can get more chipset sales.
Since Nvidia won't let them, Intel is now moving to hurt Nvidia.

That's the way Intel does things. It has had no problem hurting other companies before (especially AMD, Via, and all the other CPU makers that used to be in the x86 market)

I personally support Nvidia over Intel.

Very very interesting. I was gonna go with the 4870 cards anyway though so its not effecting me too much. But i bet it will all be resolved 30 days from now anyway...

Watch Intel try to buy Nvidia out one day so that they can use the tech in Nvidia chips... But this may be good for me, Nvidia may end up making better chipsets for AMD processors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom