IBM, AMD and partners first to 22nm

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I remember right, AMD usualy is a gen behind Intel in die sizes, but can usualy produce a processor that can keep up with the newer tech...

If I remember right, AMD usualy is a gen behind Intel in die sizes, but can usualy produce a processor that can keep up with the newer tech...

I would have to agree up till the release of Core 2 Duo. Until then the AMD chips were always larger in die size but out performed the Intel chips. It wasnt till the release of Core 2 that Intel took back the CPU market. It will be interesting to see if AMD can take it back with this.

I would have to agree up till the release of Core 2 Duo. Until then the AMD chips were always larger in die size but out performed the Intel chips. It wasnt till the release of Core 2 that Intel took back the CPU market. It will be interesting to see if AMD can take it back with this.

Very true. I was kind of hoping Deneb (45nm Phenom) would do that... but I don't see it happening, hopefully this will take a step forward.

And until Intel pulls out something that's gamer friendly, people will be either sticking with their current rig, or upgrading to this when it comes out.

Actually, if you think about it, AMD is playing it smart. They are letting Intel act as the land mine detector for problems associated with the smaller die shrinks. ;)

haha

i just hope the 45nm Phenoms do very well. Performance seems to be doubled from the high-end 9950 Phenom BE.

please be good...........for the love of AMD, please to good!

Maybe we should help the cause by breaking into Intel's HQ and get a Nehalem sample then break into AMD's HQ and put the Nehalem sample haha (then fix both of course :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom