HD-DVD is Dead, Long Live Blu Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinda funny you say that, considering on demand has been around for how long now???? Ever since cable and satilite tv???

But bandwith is becoming cheaper and cheaper every day.

And pretty much everyone nowadays has a Tivo or something that's hooked up to their broadband. If they started putting terabyte drives in Tivos they could sell HD content and do quite well I think. Just have your movie collection right there on your DVR.

To bad this was a bogus report. :laughing:

BetaNews | Toshiba denies rumors; HD DVD not dead yet

Toshiba Denies it all. Guess these writers should stop putting up articles when they dont have a clue what they are talking about. Word right from the source. Toshiba is NOT backing out of HD-DVD. Guess Blu-Ray still hasnt won.

Plus the stuff you psoted NvidiaDude. That dont mean anything. Can you seriously tell me you will notice the 14Mbps framerate when watching a movie? No. You will not. Did you notice the difference other than clarity and color wise of the difference from DVD to HD content? No. You did not notice the bandwidth difference. So dont claim that as a excuse.

As i have said HD-VMD is not out yet and there is no news of anyone who will support it as of yet or its features. So your to claim that it will not support Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD is speculation.

Please now we jsut got rid of a Blu-Ray fanboi cause he could not stand someone saying a bad word against Blu-Ray. Dont join him. I am not saying that Blu-Ray will not win. I am not sayign that Blu-Ray is not superior. I am saying that we know nothing at this time of HD-VMD and therefor we do not know what it being introduced into the market will do. I am not specualting nor am i taking sides. I do not own Blu-Ray or HD-DVD. I do not even have a HDTV. So i am not on a side. I am just posting a opinion as to what COULD happen.

HD-VMD offers a simple solution to everybody. Only thing would be needed is a new player with the current technology with the HD requirements. So it wouldnt be as expensive as anything on the market now. It has the potential to take off in a bad way. To get HD content for $100 per player and $20 per disc is something that even Blu-Ray could NOT compete with.

I highly doubt HD-VMD will get a good market share. HD-DVD and Blu-Ray are already heavily in the market, and pressure is building for only one to succeed.

It's a bit like trying to make a new search engine to compete with Yahoo and Google.

I have an Xbox 360 and to tell you the truth I like the fact the HD-DVD is separate because I think that Microsoft is eventually going to come out with a Blue-Ray for it this way the can have HD-DVD and Blue-Ray and try to take some of PS3 thunder.

You know why because Microsoft knows that Blu ray is a much better way than HD DVD..

Ive been hearing that Microsoft wants Blu ray inside the Console

Plus why would you want HD DVD anyways...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom