HD-DVD is Dead, Long Live Blu Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still have no word yet on HD-VMD....that should be out soon.

HD DVD will be Dead, HD VMD still wont beat Blu Ray.. They have to bring something new out to beat Blu ray again if it can

Now dont you think the 360 owners should get there Money back on there HD DVD Players Add ons

I think physical formats will be out the door very soon anyway, replaced by on demand TV.

HD DVD will be Dead, HD VMD still wont beat Blu Ray.. They have to bring something new out to beat Blu ray again if it can

Now dont you think the 360 owners should get there Money back on there HD DVD Players Add ons

How do you know HD-VMD wont beat Blu-Ray? Considering you need NOTHING new to run it. Maybe a new player that wont cost you $200 or more for it. Since it uses all CURRENT technology to do HD. No special lazer that the demand for can not be kept up with. Nothing like that.

The format isnt even out yet and already everyone is bashing it. Gee sounds familiar. Sounds like the old Blu-Ray talk when the first announced it.

Get over it. Just cause Toshiba has left doesnt mean HD-DVD is dead either. Granted they make the majority of players.

I love how 1 simple little artilce always turns into Blu-Ray wins. Didnt they say that before CES08 when Universal left HD-DVD....

BTW wrogn forum for this. Should have been in news. Bet this gets deleted.:p

HD VMD still doesnt feature as much capacity as Blu Ray does, Plus Read rates are different

Plus will Warner bros. etc, Manage or support HD VMD..

Also.. Blu ray supports: Dolby Digital AC-3, linear PCM, DTS, Dolby true HD, Dolby Digtal Plus, DTS HD

i almost forgot HD VMD will not support Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD

this is still all so speculative...

BUT, toshiba and HDdvd could easily make a comeback and an absolutely overpowering one at that...IF they ditched the hollywood stranglehold and join up with the Asian market HVD (not holo versatiles) and other Asian market Hi DEF alternatives. Do a combined all other hi-def format that is actually affordable and it's a nail in the coffin.

Even if hddvd is dead and blu ray "WINS" here, it won't do much if the players and the movies are overpriced. If they remain overpriced, video on demand will prevail.

It will become the alternative, while people wait to see if they can afford a blu ray player or movie...then as they wait, the higher definition TVs will emerge and higher def movies and players will too. Further negating blu ray.

blu ray can win this battle, but it will only win the war if it makes the right move after....so nobody has actually won anything yet

Yep, you're right Makaveli. Should have posted in News originally. Ran a search to make sure the news wasn't posted yet, saw most BluRay Hddvd content was in off tpic and just quickly put it in there. I was at work so didn't really think it out much.

Anyway, I still think HD DVD is on it's way out the door. HVD and stuff like that...anyone's guess. But for now the ball is definitely in Blu Ray's court and personally, I'm probably going that way within the year barring any new revelations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom