HD-DVD is Dead, Long Live Blu Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the bottom it said that they will still support the current players that have sold :p But yea, I wonder what people will be doing now, because I can't afford a blu ray player, I have an HDDVD drive on my lappy so.....

To assume that Blu-Ray has the market won is premature.

Its market share is nowhere near decisive. In fact, I think its likely that DVDs will co-exist with HD content for at least another 5 years, which leaves alot of time for another format to enter the market.

HD-DVD isn't dead
holygrailknight-440-hd-dvd-blu.jpg

I know, I posted that before. but I think it's worth posting again.

To assume that Blu-Ray has the market won is premature.

Its market share is nowhere near decisive. In fact, I think its likely that DVDs will co-exist with HD content for at least another 5 years, which leaves alot of time for another format to enter the market.

Its not premature, it won period. You know blockbuster is already carrying blu-ray discs to rent, i just went there yesterday. Of course dvds wont die out for a while, itll take time.

Because until DVD dies the format war is open to new competitors.

Blu-Ray has a distinct advantage, but it hasn't won until at least a majority of people have it.

^the new standard will be just that...the standard
the "norm" if you will
what dvds are today

blu ray has a long way to go to become the standard and theres no telling what else will come out to challenge it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom