DO NOT go to CARS.GOV....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antec-User

Papa Chester
What ...... in ...... the........****?!?!?!? :freak:

I doubt they'd get through my firewalls, I'm blocking 1.2mil IP's right now, but I still wouldn't try it... . Darn invasion of privacy! That's down right THEFT! :mad:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bWs12ccbOiE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bWs12ccbOiE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Wolly crap.
I hope nobody's folding rigs visit this site, they may use it to crunch military data...

Doesnt mean your computer is government property, it means when on the site you are accessing a government system and it treats it as a government system.

All federal sites give the same message, same thing when i check my government or military email.

Also, they fail to mention that the site shown there is for dealers, not for home use. The home use version of the site is green. The government cannot monitor home computers, they dont have vpn acces to them.

oh wow, interesting. lol, I just find that scary. Rican, the information pop-up things on the site clearly state "Your computer is considered a Federal computer and is the property of the U.S Government." and "Any or all uses of this system may be monitored, recorded..." etc.

What exactly does that mean if not what it sounds like? Iuno, you'd know better than me on this one, but I'd swear that means they get complete control over your system, and the data on your system.

An octopus which regenerating tenatacles every five seconds... not very good with analogies, is she? :p

oh wow, interesting. lol, I just find that scary. Rican, the information pop-up things on the site clearly state "Your computer is considered a Federal computer and is the property of the U.S Government." and "Any or all uses of this system may be monitored, recorded..." etc.

What exactly does that mean if not what it sounds like? Iuno, you'd know better than me on this one, but I'd swear that means they get complete control over your system, and the data on your system.

Because the system is indeed a federal computer system, its for the dealers who are under the cars program which falls under the DOT.

Again ill say this isnt for the home site that buyers go to, its for the actual dealership.

The TOS that he Beck is reading is a full disclosure of what could happen if a CAR DEALER connects to their system. Consumers are not allowed on this site. If anyone bothers to read the legal docs when they visit any website then you may find the same language in their TOS or even worse. Does'nt the american public want transpanacy and full disclosure from thier government? You cant have it both ways. If you are a car dealer and you have something to hide, then don't participate in this program!

The TOS that he Beck is reading is a full disclosure of what could happen if a CAR DEALER connects to their system. Consumers are not allowed on this site. If anyone bothers to read the legal docs when they visit any website then you may find the same language in their TOS or even worse. Does'nt the american public want transpanacy and full disclosure from thier government? You cant have it both ways. If you are a car dealer and you have something to hide, then don't participate in this program!

I frequently read the legal information on websites and I have never found such language.
If I were an American I would want it both ways. It might seem like too much to ask but I would like transparency AND I would like not to have my data stolen by the government.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom