Bush signs PRO-IP Act into law

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildside

Hellfire!
Bush signs PRO-IP Act into law - Joystiq

o-m-g! The world has ended as of tonight!:

In a bid to avoid the lowest presidential approval rating in 70 years*, President Bush signed the PRO-IP Act into law today. While not quite on par with, say, an ultimate solution to the world economic crisis, the law will create new jobs, er, one new job: The Intellectual Property Czar.

Backed by the RIAA and MPAA, the PRO-IP Act has drawn criticism for its potential for extreme punishment. In its proposed state, the act could grant the government permission to seize all computers and compatible devices from a home if a single, pirated MP3 was discovered on one of the machines. So, about that approval rating ...

article summarized by Joystiq:

LGJ: The PRO-IP Act and Gaming - Joystiq

how is the government gonna pull this off?

whoa wtf riaa and mpaa sure went too far on this... anyways it would be impossible to confiscate every single device and even if it was confiscated they will complain that other people's devices aren't confiscated and would cause even more problems.

Okay this is funny. So i backup my DVD's on my PC. How do they know if it is a pirated copy or a backup? They gonna take my stuff? I cant wait to see the first lawsuit where they have to prove this stuff is stolen and get slapped and this law stated as unconstitutional.

They are going to need one heck of a storage facility if they are going to enforce this. Everyone has something on their computer that is not legal, I don't care who you say you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom