Bioshock, game of the year

Status
Not open for further replies.

maroon1

Banned
_44254944_bioshock416.jpg

Bioshock is one of the most celebrated games of the year

Action thriller Bioshock has been awarded game of the year at the Spike TV awards in Las Vegas.

The underwater adventure, widely praised for its storyline and production values, also won the prize for best Xbox 360 title and best score.

It beat high-profile titles such as Halo 3, Mass Effect and The Orange Box to win the top prize.

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare won the awards for best shooter and best military game.

Actor Samuel L. Jackson hosted the awards, which were broadcast on cable channel Spike TV.

Nintendo title Super Mario Galaxy, which has been feted with a series of near-perfect review scores, won for best action game and best Wii game, while science fiction epic Mass Effect won best RPG and PC title Crysis won for best graphics.

Blockbuster title Halo 3 picked up two awards, for best multiplayer and most addictive game. The Orange Box, a compendium of Half-Life 2 titles, 3D puzzler Portal and online game Team Fortress, was named PC game fo the year.

Other highlights included Colin McRae: DiRT picking up the best driving game prize, Ratchet and Clank winning the best PlayStation 3 prize, and Portal chosen as the breakthrough technology winner.

Source
BBC NEWS | Technology | Bioshock scoops game of the year

not very shocking... It's a great game when i played it on my friend's system... I WANNA TRY IT OUT :(

bioshock was a great game,
cod4 was good but bio shock wins as it brought something differnt to the table.
story was great, gameplay was great, graphics were great...what else can you ask for?

I would say:
Bioshock
Hl2 ep2
world in conflict
cod4
gears of war
crysis

it was the most anticipated and the most disappointing imo.

that was my point xD

dude.. Krazy my parents are lettign me get the T.F. Donated Rig, so I revived the thread (assuming people still want to donate)

I don't know I like Bioshock it was not half bad when running at max settings . Like the DX10 option on it as well. It was a rather different game then I am normally used to though so for it to keep me intersterd after the first two or three hours makes a good game in my book. Thnk cod4 might have been a good choice for game of ther year though.

crysis wasnt a disappointment, i don't think i've seen many people say it was a bad game, that is easily one of my favorite games.. you jsut need to keep playing it ;)

and bioshock, i played the demo and it was pretty fun...

cod4.. meh i'll pass, single player really sucks bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom