Best Buy Optimization Is A Big Waste Of Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master

While most of you would never pay to have anyone "optimize" a computer for you, it looks like some retailers have found a way to make you pay for it, whether you want it or not.

Would you pay $39.99 to improve your computer's processor speed by 200%? What about software updates that would take you two days to perform on your own? Or how about services that take an "incomplete" computer and make it more useful? Good deals, right? Just one problem: None of these claims - made by real Best Buy sales clerks about the company's Geek Squad optimization services - is true.

fail said:
S: Because they removed the trial version of products like Norton.

CRS: Does that mean that I will not have anti-virus protection?

S: They can install a 6-month antivirus program.
lolz

best buy should be called WORST buy

While most of you would never pay to have anyone "optimize" a computer for you, it looks like some retailers have found a way to make you pay for it, whether you want it or not.

Would you pay $39.99 to improve your computer's processor speed by 200%? What about software updates that would take you two days to perform on your own? Or how about services that take an "incomplete" computer and make it more useful? Good deals, right? Just one problem: None of these claims - made by real Best Buy sales clerks about the company's Geek Squad optimization services - is true.
Agreed...

Anybody who thinks that paying Worst Buy $39 for a "optimization" and it will increase the PC's speed by 200% does not need a computer.

Anybody who thinks that paying Worst Buy $39 for a "optimization" and it will increase the PC's speed by 200% does not need a computer.

hey now.. I thought they'd overclock my pc to 12 Ghz (3Ghz on a quad core must equal to 12......no?)

can ya blame me??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom