• No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
Apple causes legal distress over revamped Woolworths logo
Halfway through last year, the company Woolworths Supermarkets announced that it was going to revamp its logo, in addition to making some other changes, altering the entire corporate branding strategy. The company chose an "an abstract leaf symbol" as the new logo, hoping things would be fine… but unfortunately, they weren't, particularly for Apple, Inc.

AppleInsider has reported that the Cupertino-based company Apple, known mostly for the the iPod, the Mac, and the iPhone, believes Woolworths' logo is far too similar to its own, wanting it to be changed. Apple's had a history of legal battles with other companies over logo similarities, though it's expected for a company to want to defend its brand. Woolworths' branding change application apparently asked for "a blanket trademark extending even to electrical goods and technology," with a spokesperson for the company saying, "While we can't rule [computers, musical players, etc.] out, we haven't got any plans at the moment," perhaps triggering the legal actions.

Apple is planning to take the case to IP Australia, which is the federal agency that governs trademarks in the country (where Woolworths is the largest retail company, in addition to in New Zealand); although Apple has yet to publicly comment on the actions, something will no doubt pop up soon. We've included the two logos for you to compare, courtesy of AppleInsider.

I am not sure about an Apple, but ever since I saw the new Apple logo a few months back, the first thing that came to my mind is that that it looks like an Apple Peel and appose to an Apple.

Mind you, it will be rather interesting to see if Apple does try to take on one of Australia's biggest companies.
In all honestly,I am surpised that apple has not taken Kraft to court over that iSnack 2.0 Garbage

Attachments

• Apple Vs Woolworths.jpg
    Apple Vs Woolworths.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 408
Lol, sure everyone jokes about apple suing over iSnack, but they don't own 'i' as a prefix :)

And When I first heard they were suing Woolies over how 'similar' their new logo looked, I laughed. a lot. I mean, what about these?
similar-logo-designs.jpg

Give Apple time and Jobs will figure out a way to sue everyone. Why? He's the king of the Earth and we are trespassing. ;)

You guy's still have woolies because if assuming it's the same company they went belly up over here a few months back.

I know they used to sell food back in the early 90's but only on the level of fun sized cokes and tinned beens.

Yeah, I was surprised to see "fresh food people".

Yes, I get surprised too when I walk into thier fruit and veg section.
After seeing the quality of the Woolies fruit or veg I should be taking them to court for false advertising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom