AMD On Track To Report A Profit For Q3

Status
Not open for further replies.
and about to go 45nm
and working on 22nm

Oh yes...cant wait for the day to come when Intel fanboys can finally shut
their yaps about the chips running cooler and costing less...

It's good they'll actually be posting a profit, makes it easier for me to be a fanboy.

I'm a pretty bad fanboy, though. My whole family has computers built by me and now that I think of it they're all Intel. My x1950 is the only ati/amd related product we've got! Talk about epic fail lol.

Theres only one AMD system in my entire household!!

My laptop is Intel, (pentium m) my girlfriends is also Intel (core duo), the family pc is Intel as well (old netburst system) and the biggest of them all...

.....I feel dirty for actually having built a current gen Intel based system, as you know i am an AMD guy, but im also not a fanboy. So i guess thats another reason why i just went ahead and did it...the prices were too good
...the dark side pulled me over...:eek:

There are currently 4 systems in this house, all of them use AMD CPU's
They include:
Athlon XP 2800+ (Geforce FX-5200 128MB)
Athlon 64 3000+ s754 (Geforce 6200 256MB)
Turion 64 X2 @ 1.6 (Geforce 6100 IGP)
Athlon 64 X2 6000+ @ 3.45 (2 x 3870 CF)

My desktop is the only Intel/nvidia system in my house. My laptop has a Mobile Sepron 3100+ with ATI integrated graphics, my brother's pc has a Athlon x2 5200+ with a HD 2600xt 512mb, and the family system has a Athlon x2 4600+ with a HD 3200.

out of 4 computers in my house, 2 of them are intel. Ones my laptop though. So i have not sided with anyone, although i recognize that intel is better right now for clock vs. clock. So i will be sticking with them as long as they have this advantage, if they loose it, i'll switch :) doesn't really matter to me.

My desktop is the only Intel/nvidia system in my house. My laptop has a Mobile Sepron 3100+ with ATI integrated graphics, my brother's pc has a Athlon x2 5200+ with a HD 2600xt 512mb, and the family system has a Athlon x2 4600+ with a HD 3200.

Wow.. your family rig is my gaming rig... thats pretty sad for me

I'm glad to see AMD is pulling through and things are starting to look up for them.

Any news on the lawsuit they have against Intel? Haven't heard anything in a while.

Dang I was kind of hoping they would lose money again making Intel even better. ;)

But that is good for Intel now they will have more competition and will hopefully be making some better CPU's.

I agree. AMD's mere existence forces Intel to work harder. Competition breeds innovation. Even if AMD isn't directly competing with Intel's best chips (which they are far form doing) Intel can't afford to let them catch up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom