AMD Phenom X3 8750 Reviewed at OCC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well on the bright side, I get my new rig parts a lot sooner than I originally planned

So does that mean you had Pentium 4's too?
My dad once had a laptop with a Pentium 4
and boy did that thing run hot...
and it wasn't really that terrific in terms of performance (Willamette at 1.6GHZ on mains, 1.2GHZ on battery)

It died and I picked out a laptop with a Turion 64 X2 1.6, was running Vista Business for a while, but I installed XP (my dad himself requested it) and it's running pretty well.

Well on the bright side, I get my new rig parts a lot sooner than I originally planned
You just need an AM2 board to use the 4600+ I sent you right?
and maybe a PCI-E graphics card?

yep, that and a PSU D:

but when I buy the stuff, I'm going to just cheap out and get a 780g and a PSU (probably an Xclio good power)

Honestly, i have never run a AMD. My wife has one in her laptop and i have used it but for limited purposes. Net adn some IM. Never really tested it out.

But overall i can not say bad things against AMD cause i have not personally used them. Which i think might be the case with maroon. I used to defent Intel, even when AMD was the superior, jsut cause it was Intel and I have used them for all my years on a PC.

But it took some heated arguements with some good friends to see how wrong i was. Then Intel came back with a vengenace. Fine.

But unitl i get a AMD in my posession and really try it out compared to the Intel machines i run. I can not say which i like more. Cause it would be a very biased answer.

I love my Intel just like i love my nvidia. But i have used ATi and have not had good experience with them. All it takes is just one bad remark on either side to get the blood boiling. Just look at the MAc Vs Windows debates....

I am glad to see AMD get themselves rolling again. I hope they do make better chips and put Intel to shame again soon. Some of the prices Intel has are crazy....

Aside from benchmarks, there is no difference. Even in gaming its still not much of a difference, in fact some of us feel that amd rigs run smoother inside of windows. Me and nosboost feel the same, actually.

i agree that AMD rigs run smoother in general. although, it has been awhile since i owned an intel chip. nothing too current, last one was a p4. it sucked balls.

I haven't noticed AMD rigs running smother. My E2180 @ 2.0ghz actually seems to run smoother in Vista then my brothers 5200+ x2 at 2.6ghz but it could be my XMS2 making up the difference vs his value ram. I need to underclock my XMS2 and run worse timings so I can do a direct comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom