Windows 7 RC Build 7100 Review - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Techist Forum Information > Official TF Reviews
Closed Thread
Old 05-10-2009, 12:46 AM   #11 (permalink)
Yee Ol' Salt
Default Re: Windows 7 RC Build 7100 Review

I am talking about using the folders on separate partitions.. point is that you constantly are updating these drivers as new versions are released on GPU and MB almost weekly plus the latest versions of your security apps almost bi-weekly and others.. etc.. So keeping them on a separate partition is common sense.

So it is handy when doing a fresh install of your OS to be able to have the install folder re-open upon restart.

thats all.

Other than that I am really happy with 7.
Just surprised how well MCE worked well with my tuner card in build 7000 but not in build 7100

Find my post helpful? IF so please rate me by clicking the green check mark under my avatar.

:D Antec 300|M3N72-D|AMD PHM II X3 BE 720 3.0ghz (CodeName "Heka")|OCZ Stealth Xtreme 600w|2 two gig OCZ DDR2 1066 gold 4 GB of Ram|BFG-GTX 260 512||Samsung 42" Plasma| XP x86 sp3 /Vista x386 and x64|
The face I make everytime I'm on my machine :eek:
Old 05-10-2009, 06:59 AM   #12 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus
Default Re: Windows 7 RC Build 7100 Review

Point is that it is null and void. If you read through our sticky topics you would see this:

Located in the Windows area. Which gives you a quick and easy way to backup your drivers. Yet again bypassing the need for such a folder. Wouldnt you know it, still works in Win7 as well. Personally tested it.

The Security Apps is not worth saving. Make sure you download the latest installer before you re-install. The updates to them are small and take less than a minute to get. Coming from someone who re-installs their system almost on a bi-weekly basis, i think i have a pretty good idea on which is the most effective method to getting your system back up and running.

I can format, install a OS and be operational with all of my main programs in just over a hour. It takes roughly 2 hours to have my system back to the state it was before the reinstall. Being a Beta tester has allowed me to figure out some of the best methods to backup for reinstalls.

I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM, IM or my G+ page!

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Closed Thread