PIA (Private Internet Access) Review.

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
After signing up to PIA (Private Internet Access) I have found their services to be very reliable and cost effective and for what you get for the price of a 12 month subscription as being the reviewer in my opinion is very much worth it.

I have found increasingly I have relied on the service for on line anonymity and specifically their no log handling procedure of your personal data. The company PIA has multiple servers around the world and can accommodate many forms of on line services for which they provide anonymity. Android, Linux, Windows, iOS.

Setting up in Linux is a breeze but will require CLI (Command Line Interface) Knowledge in order to download the OpenVPN framework and distribution files. For those that wish to use the CLI only this is an option for example hardcore users of bash for example under Nix* .

Recently Russia changed their policy on the handling on Data and on line services and PIA as of the time of writing this article pulled their Russian presence as law changes meant that information was to be logged I believe and their for did not coincide with their policy of no logging of users personal data. This in my opinion gives peace of mind.

Their is an active on line forum and user data base and customer service Representatives are able to respond quickly to customers requests using tickets available placed Via. E Mail.

The company it self also accepts many payment option and options include prepay debit cards and check's for anonymity if you with to set up a temp E Mail address to keep your self fully hidden even from the company it self.

The Android App is easy to install and can be downloaded Via. Play Store, set up and configured and along with various options has a kill switch to block all traffic in case the VPN drops.

As well as supporting P2P, SOCKS5 PROXY you also get unlimited bandwidth and it has WiFi encryption capabilities. For those that know the entire WiFi framework and construct is another beast all in all and their for secure access across networks using your mobile, you can at least breath easy as it supports AES256 Standards.

They have 3465 + Servers across the world from Asia, to Germany to north America.

Another big thing is they dont censor your access and you can can by pass geographic location restrictions with their software.

My advice would be everyone needs a VPN and everyone also who wishes to use a VPN needs to do research on the laws in their own country because if routing your connection threw servers for speed for example threw their servers in you country you may run in too problems if the law asks questions. Lets be honest thats why a lot of people use VPNs. On line Anonymity and protection from prying eyes. They hold no log files.

---------------

DISCLAIMER:

If in the future PIA begins to log traffic at the time of writing this what I have said is correct so dont blame me if something goes pare shaped.

---------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice review. I know its a bit old but I use PIA on all my machines with Windows 10 and I have found it is the best (not super expensive) vpn service. It works well, speed is not noticeably decreased and it is easy to use.

Nice review. I know its a bit old but I use PIA on all my machines with Windows 10 and I have found it is the best (not super expensive) vpn service. It works well, speed is not noticeably decreased and it is easy to use.

This review when ever I have looked at it I cringe because I remember writing it when I was very tired and I could of done a lot better and more a bit more effort in. Being honest for a moment I wouldn't be bothered if the mods or admins deleted it because its not very good overall. Their was a lot of information I could have included but if I do remember correctly when I wrote it I had went to bed afterwards as I was shattered. I personally didn't rate it my self and its my review. I could of done a better job.

This review when ever I have looked at it I cringe because I remember writing it when I was very tired and I could of done a lot better and more a bit more effort in. Being honest for a moment I wouldn't be bothered if the mods or admins deleted it because its not very good overall. Their was a lot of information I could have included but if I do remember correctly when I wrote it I had went to bed afterwards as I was shattered. I personally didn't rate it my self and its my review. I could of done a better job.

Rewrite it and PM it to me and I will edit the original post for you. ;)

A lot of people are going Crazy on PIA Forums as of recently and their is Zero support from Customer Service. Being an Independent review when I made this Review I too am also jumping ship at the end of this month when my subscription ends. If you take out a subscription with PIA its on your own authority and decision.

Their are disconnects galore happening with their servers and their android device is crashing left rite and centre. Not recognising peoples user name and password and their servers are not recognising people as being from the physical location of were the server is based. People are being geo blocked left rite and centre.

My recommendation is to move away from PIA and use an alternative.

never trusted PIA, think NSA/CIA been all up in them for years!

I know Rule has not been active for some time on these boards but is their any reason to think this. Why would the CIA or even NSA be so far up them when PIA them selves called out the Government over Privacy issues directly.

They have sucked for yrs as well.

I've deliberately not posted to this thread because I have been with another provider and been building up my experience with them. TORGuard.net are pretty awesome.

Customer service is pretty quick and they have live chat and help along with an extensive knowledge base and once you open an account its pretty vast what you can get from them with regards to different services such as Web-Mail or Proxy's or VPNS. Their servers are vast as well and their staff are knowledgeable.

Personally speaking I like them. They are not cheap but you get what you pay for.

Back
Top Bottom