PIA (Private Internet Access) Review. - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Techist Forum Information > Official TF Reviews
Old 07-20-2016, 10:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
The Residential Loon
Thumbs up PIA (Private Internet Access) Review.

I have decided to write this somewhat short review of the OpenVPN Service Provider PIA what I will say now is based just solely on my personal experience dealing with the software Customer Services and the Paid for subscription under a Linux Instalation.

I am not going to sit hear and give full marks for the sake of it but I have found their Customer Services to be very good with specific advice relation to my personal needs setting up the account online and with my Linux OS. They are fairly quick to respond to "Tickets" submitted Via. E Mail and have an understanding them selves of the services they provide.

The actual Software under Most Nix* services as far as I'm aware will have to be installed as an OpenVPN service and thus configured accordingly unlike windows were their will be I think a full installation wizard. Setting up the Software requires CLI understanding to some extent as you will have to update repository unzip the download files in certain directoryís and do the installation,.

Having the choice to choose from Multiple Servers around the world makes it very easy under Linux anyhow to choose how your traffic is routed in most cases but ether copying or a few clicks of the mouse under the configuration of the software threw Linux. Servers from Germany, Asia, the EU to America.

When your Traffic is encrypted is it encrypted at your terminal and thus sent threw your ISP threw their servers and to the open Web using a completely different ISP I.P Address. Back threw PIA Servers and then your ISP. It get way more complex than that but thats the basics. Using strong encryption along with good strong encryption for the handshake and keeping NO Logs PIA I have found to be a good provider. They also have an active user Forum what is available to sign up too were a lot of questions are answered also by staff.
Spud1200 is offline   Reply With Quote

forums, openvpn, security, tech support